KUKA KRC4 - CONFIGURATION INT VARIABLES

• Hallo everybody ,

I need to comunicate some INT variables between PLC Siemens S7 1200 CPU1214C and my robot KUKA KRC4.

I ve established a PROFINET comunication but, in Work Visual I can define only BOOL Variables.

Can you help me to find a way to configure I/O INT variables?

Thank you

• Place your Ad here!
  • Fubini

Approved the thread.
  • You have to declare the input in a Dat or src file like:

Decl signal giName $in[1] to $in[8]

Then you can read the 8 bits as a integer with values from 0 to 255.

You can use up to 32 bit.

With 32 bit the highest bit is the sign.

You have to swap low and high bytes for correct communication between Siemens and Kuka.

• grouping IO in WoV does nothing to get you "integers", that is just a transports system. IOs are just array of bits and when you look at the group of bits you can see their value change but you do not know (and KRC does not care) if they were transferred/updated individually or in some bulk form (byte, word, dword or whatever) or if in transport, those bits were separated and later combined.

do as Hermann explained.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Thank you all,

I ve some problems... I m declaring my variable in the file $CONFIG.dat in the user variable zone in this way:

; Userdefined Variables

;==================================

DECL SIGNAL L $in[100] TO $in[115]

But WoV says inaspected DECL

the same appers when I declare it in src file.

Do u have some suggestions?

Than you

• DECL is used to declare new variable. Among other things it allocates memory for the variable.

SIGNAL is just a link or alias to already declared variables - inputs and outputs

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2