Posts by hermann

    These below user defined variables will Communicate with PLC. Similarly GET and SEND data.



    May be you think they should, but they won't.

    H1 = 1000 ; Set Laser Power to 1000 Watt
    M20 ; Set Laser to ready
    M21 ; Start Laser

    Seems to be G-Code from CNC. Robots work different. Read, and try to understand my post above.

    You don't need Karel for setting I/O to a Laser or PLC. You can use a simple TP program to set those values to DO / GO /AO.

    But you must define them properly in the settings of profinet and DI/DO and GI/GO settings.

    Has absolutely nothing to do with Karel.

    I have created the code to send and receive the values from the controller to the PLC via a ProfiNET.

    What kind of values?

    As mentioned before, I am new to KAREL. I am reading documents and learning through the threads created here.

    Where did you get the informations for those variables like f.e. "bHCodeREQ". For me this looks like an overboarding fantasy. :)

    Communicating via Profinet normally works with single bits, groups of bits as unsigned integer or analog values. It's just the same as in TP programs.

    So if you have a working Profinet connection to the PLC, you can use DOUT[]/DIN[], GOUT[],GIN[] or AIN[] AOUT[].

    Errors in SPS.SUB regarding TORQUE_MONITORING() mostly come from robot programs where someone copied / deleted or manipulated some of the variables TMxx of the type TQM_TQDAT_T.

    I have a problem with my KR C4. When it woks, always in the same point of the job, the submit interpreter becomes not active and the icon still red.

    May be you can post exact that line and the .DAT file, without problems with your policy. Otherwise from now on you will be on your own. ;)

    I am just posting here without creating a new thread.

    Why don't you open a new thread? You have a complete different question.

    I am new to Karel but trying to understand all the functions.

    I have created the code to send and receive the values from the controller to the PLC via a ProfiNET.

    But unfortunately it is not working.

    What do you mean by 'it is not working'?

    Imho this code even won't be compiled. So it can't work.

    F.e. you define an array of integer: FANUC_OUT

    then you use FANUC_OUT as a structure FANUC_OUT.bHCodeREQ[i].

    This will not be compiled.

    Your main program


    doesn't do anything but calling itself, so what other things should this program do instead of nothing?

    Even worse, this is a endless recursive calling, you will get a stack overflow or something similar.

    .. I can't program in TPP to transfert many points with .CSV in my FANUC robot. I tried to program with TPP and I asked help for this but I did not success to get informations for this one.

    Fanuc recommends not to use Karel for movements since many years.

    For your task, you need two paralleI running programs. A Karel program that reads the csv file, pushes the values into a ring buffer of PR[], let's say PR[10] to PR[30], use two R[] as pointer into this buffer, where one points to the last written buffer entry from Karel.

    A TP program that moves to those PR[], this program uses the second R[] to show the last moved PR[] so the Karel program can fill up the next positions.

    I think this is the thread where i should ask my question.

    In my opinion, not really. You should have opened a new one. ;)

    because the length of the part can be from 800 to 2500 mm and its width can also vary from 800 to 2000 mm. the thickness of the part also changes

    Size doesn't matter that much ;).

    You didn't say any word about the weight :hmmm:.

    It's a big difference between handling a cardboard or steel.

    May be you can calculate the weight from the dimensions and at least a rough calculation of the center of gravity to correct the load data.

    ... in case of ProfiBus, that is the LDB file, and to edit it you need Siemens software...

    A bit unprecise, you can't edit a LDB file, you only can create a new one. If you don't have the original project files for Step7 or NCM Manager, you have to create it from scratch, and then create the LDB file from that project.

    they are Asea irb 90 robots .

    ABBs are pretty good "programmer's robots". To do simple palletizing, I would recommend looking up how to create and manipulate Work Objects in RAPID. The Offs() function will probably also be handy.

    Think this Asea has a S3 controller, programmed with ARLA, not Rapid. The pendant has a display with two lines dot matrix characters?

    Anyway also those old robots have a palletizing function, the big task will be, to get a documentation for the palletizing function. It is a long time ago, I can't remember the details. :hmmm:

    IIRC some time ago someone posted a registry entry to change the behaviour of roboguide for handling of those two or three UI signals that are always on. Try to search it here in the forum.

    Yes, of course the backwards compatibility, but somewhere there must have been a break of it. As the structure is existing, and so you can think that it was used in former days. Then someone decided to do it different, that was the mistake. But that's history, we have to deal with it, and so there will be some more Kuka users that will fall into that trap 8) .

    Forge/os is a new programming environment, you can program every robot brand with the same "programming language/environment". See