OS: KSS 8.6.514
Safety-Interface: X11(but ProfiSafe theoretically available)
After an exhausting couple of months and visits from the service technician we finally have a working KRC4 and robot arm again. While everything works fine when done by hand (downloading/uploading projects & programs via WoV, executing programs in T1/T2, etc.) the goal of our research project is to automate a robot-based CT scanner. This means that the robot programs we generate need to be uploaded and executed automatically. After bashing my head against the wall for ~3 months regarding connectivity issues I am sufficiently confused and unsure what the best way to go about this is. Should I look to get this working using WoV/LabView/Python/C++ scripts? Do I have to get a PLC and Profinet and use those? Are there other/multiple options? Right now I am mainly looking at the best starting point to continue bashing my head against the next wall.
- Is uploading & executing programs "at the press of a button" generally possible using the Ethernet/IP connection (Ethernet KRL 3.1)?
- Can I upload program files to the KRC4 and send the command to execute them by communicating via a C++/Python script or LabView?
- If I want to communicate via the Ethernet connection outside of WoV then I am forced to use the EthernetKRL server, is that correct?
- Is it possible for a separate program/script to make the running server do something s.a. upload a XML file?
- What other documentation should I look at apart from the one for "Ethernet KRL 3.1" and "WorkVisual 6.0"?
Any feedback on the matter is much appreciated. I will gladly dive right back into the documentation but would like to start by looking in the right place if that makes sense.