Hey, all, got another one. I'm trying to debug a SafeMove configuration that isn't behaving the way I expect, and could use some help. Unfortunately, I have very little background with SafeMove, though I've done Fanuc DCS and KUKA SafeOperation, so I understand the principles in general.
This is SafeMove Pro, with a CIP-Safe interface, on an IRC5 running RW 6.09. I have CIP inputs and outputs mapped, and no Pre- or Post-Logic.
In the SafeMove Function Mapping that I inherited, the safe input SafetyEnablePLC (from my cell PLC) is mapped to the function SafetyEnable. By using the pendant I/O monitor, I've confirmed that when I hit a perimeter E-Stop, or open the perimeter gate, the DI SafetyEnablePLC goes False. But the DO SafetyEnable does not -- it stays True.
Now, when I break the perimeter safeties, the robot throws a SafetyEnable fault message, but the robot (in Auto) does not stop running. The motors stay on, and the robot keeps moving.
However, if I stop the robot first, then break the perimeter safeties, I can still turn the motors on (in Auto), but the robot will refuse to start, until I close the safeties and get DI SafetyEnablePLC to be True again.
Now, according to the manual, the SafetyEnable function should, when the input signal is False, kill DriveEnable and stop the robot from moving. This does not seem to be happening.
I'm a bit stumped here. SafetyEnable is the only input safety function (aside from ExtComShutdownAck, which I don't think is relevant here).