User Variables

• Hello guys!

I would like to please ask for your help regarding User Variables in FANUC. I can`t seem to find how to create user variables inside a program. My goal here is to change a User Variable using KCL command SET VARIABLE to flag a certain situation in my environment. Since seems that is not possible to set/change registers in the RMI_MOVE I found a way to change variables using Telnet and KCL commands, but I can`t figure it out how to create User Variables to be changed! Could someone shine a light on that matter?

Thank you!

Edited once, last by AlexMac ().

• Place your Ad here!
  • So basically I have a computer controlling the robot using a Python Script and RMI_MOVE and a just need a way to signal to the robot that I am done doing what I was doing. It could be a boolean, or basically anything.

If it is not possible, I will have to resort to an IO for signaling.

• Setting a numerical register with HTTP request:

Code
    http://localhost/karel/ComSet?sValue=200&sIndx=1&sRealFlag=-1&sFc=2

"sValue" is the value to set in the register with index "sIndx". The other parameters are fix as long as the value is an integer, in case of value is a real value "SRealflag" should be 3

Edit: sRealFlag is the count of digits before the delimiter dot. See also User Variables

• Setting a numerical register with HTTP request:

Code
    http://localhost/karel/ComSet?sValue=200&sIndx=1&sRealFlag=-1&sFc=2

"sValue" is the value to set in the register with index "sIndx". The other parameters are fix as long as the value is an integer, in case of value is a real value "SRealflag" should be 3

So, sRealFlag is -1 for False, and 3 for True? Seems a bit odd -- I wonder what the other integer values do?

(0 obviously connects to the WOPR and triggers Global Thermonuclear War. Or a nice game of chess :toothy9: )

Any idea what sFc does?

• I reverse engineered what the sFc section does a while ago.

My comments:

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• Helpful

So, sRealFlag is -1 for False, and 3 for True? Seems a bit odd -- I wonder what the other integer values do?

(0 obviously connects to the WOPR and triggers Global Thermonuclear War. Or a nice game of chess :toothy9: )

Any idea what sFc does?

Correction: sRealFlag is the amount of digits before the delimiter (dot). f.e. sValue=123.4 sRealFlag is 3,

sValue=.1 then sRealFlag is 0.

No Global Thermonuclear :winking_face: