Problem loading software IRB6400 S4 M96 ( Urgent )

• Hmm thats a good point, but if i disconnect the cable lets say on axis 4 and try to arm , then the fault should come only to axis nr 4 ? (Ofcourse if the axis 4 cable is faulty )

Can i disconnect all motor cables and start one by one ? I mean:

1.connect axis 1, try to arm , if no axis 1 drive unit fault ,then connect axis 2 , if no drive unit error on axis 2 then move on with other ones....

• Place your Ad here!
  • Hmm thats a good point, but if i disconnect the cable lets say on axis 4 and try to arm , then the fault should come only to axis nr 4 ? (Ofcourse if the axis 4 cable is faulty )

Can i disconnect all motor cables and start one by one ? I mean:

1.connect axis 1, try to arm , if no axis 1 drive unit fault ,then connect axis 2 , if no drive unit error on axis 2 then move on with other ones....

it's a try.

I can't tell you exactly, how it will behave. We' ll see.

What we know, that we will have some faults, but we can hope, that we will see, that the faults will change with other conditions.

But first, check cable chain axis 1 and try to turn the axis in another position.

• Yesterday my "used" robot computer arrived.

Replaced it and yay. The drive unit errors were gone. I was able to move the robot.

But sadly not too long :frowning_face: about 10 minutes.

After that i got this error:

X resolver Error
    Failure in X resolver signal on channel 3 signal is less than noise value

Does the channel always means axis ? In this case axis nr 3.

Well if i changed the motor cables i changed all resolver cables also.

Also made a quick test to them yesterday. Disconnected the cables from the SMB and measured from x to 0V x, y to 0v y, exc to 0vEXC.

All axes were great.......

• Resolver errors are one of 3 things: SMB, resolver, cable in -between.

Error # 33101?

Is it intermittent or on all the time?

Reseat connections on SMB and at axis 3 motor.

Make sure shielding in cable is complete - should have continuity from shield at motor end to pin 1 of matching DB connector at SMB.

Do NOT remove resolver as it is set for the correct commutation.

• A good motor repair shop familiar with ABB motors will be able to correctly set the commutation for you. The motor has to be locked to a specific position while setting the resolver to 0 deg. There is a little more to it than just be able to read the resolver.

• A good motor repair shop familiar with ABB motors will be able to correctly set the commutation for you. The motor has to be locked to a specific position while setting the resolver to 0 deg. There is a little more to it than just be able to read the resolver.

Thank you skooter for the information.

It is hard to find a man from estonia who can do it. Thats why im looking for soultions how to do it myself...

• To make sure it's the resolver - a good resolver should have about 10V @ 5Khz on both the sin & cos inputs and about 4.5V output on the reference. If the reference is low, compare the resistance of the axis reference inputs to the SMB with other axis reference inputs to make sure the resolver output is not being loaded down by a bad SMB input.

A good used motor may be another solution.

• Thank you all !

I recived my new resolver, replaced it and alligned (didn´t removed the motor from robot).

And it seems to work now. All axes are moving and no errors at the moment. Tomorrow will try to make my first robot code.

About the allignement. It took about 4-6hours for me. If anyone wants to know how i did it, then i can explain a bit more :smiling_face:

Simply to say, i copyed the sine and cosine graphs form axis 2 . (It isn´t so easy as it sounds, you have to be 100% sure in some other factors.)

• Axis 1 uses a large RV reducer for gear reduction and a very large diameter bearing for support. Neither one has any adjustment. Both require removal of the robot (1600kg) from its base to replace and are very expensive.

Check to see if there is a difference in play between having the brakes engaged and with the servo motors engaged (hold the deadman in and bump the joystick).

The M96 IRB6400 Product Manual found >HERE< will give you guidance.

• Thank you again Skooter.

If the "play´s" are not adjustable, then should i decrease the acceleration/braking values to avoid " collision" error? I assume that the error comes from the play, when i use a bit higher speeds.

• Using programming, that would be my first suggestion. If it only occurs on certain moves is to add a point at a lower velocity along the beginning of the path to allow the play to be taken up at a lower speed before accelerating. I've done both to keep production going while waiting for parts (mostly Fanuc).

Mechanically, I would first grease the large diameter bearing. I seen many 6400s where they were neglected and causing drag. Grease it slowly at both grease ports while someone carefully jogs the robot slowly thru the entire axis 1 range several times. Watch for fresh grease (EP-2) to come out from under the grease seal while it jogs. Two 90 deg grease fittings are needed if the plugs are still in.