Motoman NX100 safety guard bypassing

• Short backstory why: I with my dad bough used Motoman welding robot with cabinet model NX100. This robot was bought for fun and for developing modules which replaces welding part of the unit but thats not case for this thread.

This robot had two safety circuits enabled which one was light curtain (exists and working perfectly), light curtain manufacturer is Jokab Safety model FTR4-K1C-500. This light curtain is connected to PLC safety unit which is Jokab Sefety Pluto B20.

Problem is that there has been another safety device (some sort of door) which has same Jokab Safety 5 pin round wiring harness and I need to somehow get this B20 unit input signal activated. If I switch light curtain to this wire, it's input at B20 is active and wise versa, based on NX100 pendant this is the only problem needed to be sorted before I get servo power enabled. Does anyone have good idea how to sort this out? would it be possible to add another emergency switch for this input without touching B20 unit coding because I have no idea how to do that. Or possible to disable this from pendant side?

Safety devices are connected to Pluto B20 input I1 and I2, also has wires for I3 and I4 but those are not used.

This same robot had some sort of tool table but I got that "detached" in management mode so looks like its not a problem.

This robot is no longer used for actually manufacturing / welding anything.

• AD
  • Sorry, don't know anyhthing about the Jokab Safety Modules you are talking about.

All the external safety is wired into the MXT card on an NX100. You'll have to look at the wiring diagrams to figure out what connection points are for e-stop, gate (Yaskawa calls SAF) hold, etc.

Robodoc

• Sorry, don't know anyhthing about the Jokab Safety Modules you are talking about.

All the external safety is wired into the MXT card on an NX100. You'll have to look at the wiring diagrams to figure out what connection points are for e-stop, gate (Yaskawa calls SAF) hold, etc.

I will get wiring diagrams/paper work for this robot setup probably next week hopefully. Then I will find MXT card. I found this kind of thread about MXT 11291-need-to-test-a-standalone-hp6-with-nx100-controller so will think about trying similar approach.

• It should be possible to install a 'dummy' device instead of the missing one. But you have to note the manual of pluto B20: may be you need to connect some diodes into the dummy device.

For programming the B20 you need the safety code for the device, which you become from the seller of the B20. May be its gone lost over the years.

• I got missing Jakob Safety pieces including "Eden" door sensor but only Adam part, Eva part is currently missing so cannot get this to "green" yet. Also got push button which seems to trigger some logic on B20 PLC unit. Looks to be some sort of acknowledgement button. Anyway got robot to move in Teach mode but still having more problems, will open new thread about it.