Advertising

Trying to Disconnect and Reconnect Ethernet IO Block When Changing tools

• Hello,

I am using a KUKA KRC4 Quantec 2, and I have a material handler robot with several different end effectors. Each of these end effectors have a IO Block on them for the valves and sensors, connected via Ethernet/IP. In auto, when the robot disconnects one end effector, the communication drop causes the robot to lose auto. In Fanuc there is an Ethernet Configuration setting called "Reconnect" and "Quick Connect" that will ignore the communication timeout for that specific device this setting is meant for tool changers. How can I do this with the Kuka?

Regards,

• AD
    • Helpful

when configuring EthernetIP with WoV:

1. assign unique "connection number" for slave node (under slave Device Properties)

2. enable quick connect (under slave Configuration settings)

then you can use that number to couple/decouple node by program using IOCTL(), for example slave you want to couple/decouple was assigned connection number 7...

you will need to lookup exact name of the EIP scanner in diagnostics (usually "EIP-SCANNER"), parameter value 50 is used for coupling, value 60 is used for decoupling

then in your program you get something like this:

Code
    DECL INT result
    ; couple EIP slave 7
    result = IOCTL("EIP-SCANNER",50,7)
    ; decouple EIP slave 7
    result = IOCTL("EIP-SCANNER",60,7)

result values are:

0 : success

1 : failure due to timeout

2 : failure due to invalid parameter

-1 : any other failure

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2