Pick/Place

• I have a double gripper but one zone is controlled by the main vacuum and the second is a solenoid. How can I pick up box 1 and 2 from the infeed but drop the second box first, (close the solenoid to drop it) then move to the 1st box position then close the vacuum. I have figured out the pick, close the solenoid, move to next location but the boxes are flipped

• Place your Ad here!
  • I have a double gripper but one zone is controlled by the main vacuum and the second is a solenoid. How can I pick up box 1 and 2 from the infeed but drop the second box first, (close the solenoid to drop it) then move to the 1st box position then close the vacuum. I have figured out the pick, close the solenoid, move to next location but the boxes are flipped

Hello,

I don't understand what you really want.

• It is a palletizing cell and when two boxes 1 and 2 come in the infeed I want to pick both and drop box(2) first in one location and box(1) in another location. The vacuum gripper has a zone that can close but it is above box #2. I have no way of turning off zone 1 where box 1 is without dropping box 2 as well

• It is a palletizing cell and when two boxes 1 and 2 come in the infeed I want to pick both and drop box(2) first in one location and box(1) in another location. The vacuum gripper has a zone that can close but it is above box #2. I have no way of turning off zone 1 where box 1 is without dropping box 2 as well

Thank you, so you need either a second vaccium or 2 distributors.

• Just a friendly reminder:

People are generally not mind-readers. In order to get the best help from the community, you are better off with explaining your issue in the best way possible.

Assume that no one has any insight on your situation, and provide the information necessary for others to understand your issue and to be able to propose a solution.

Based on what you have written so far, I see no problem.

You have a robot (which model, you haven't told). It has an EOAT which is some sort of vacuum gripper that is divided in two separate zones, which are controlled separately.

Using this equipment you want to pick two boxes, one with each zone of your tool.

Then you want to place the two boxes at different locations.

Since you have separate control of your tool's zone, I don't really see the issue.

Please clarify and enlighten me (us).

• The answer is yes, you can. You just have to learn how to program the robot.

We don't know what software you are using. If it is PalletTool then you may have to change it with the PalletPro software, or figure out how to override what it is doing in the TP program. If it is HandlingTool then it's simple, just change your pick/place position and IO logic.

It would be beneficial if you posted the code of the pick program and tell us what programming changes you have attempted.

• Zone 1 is in the back half controlled by the main vacuum and zone 2 is the from where that grey cube is controlled by a solenoid but still powered by zone 1 vacuum

• It looks like an overly complicated program. It will take some digging through to understand and would be difficult to do unless you are onsite with the robot. I suggest you put it in step mode and step through each line of code until you understand the different drop positions and signals.

• Seems to me that the whole issue is due to the EOAT/hardware being used.

Unless I misunderstand, it sounds like you have 2 boxes gripped and you want to drop box 1 but you cannot do so without also dropping box 2; in other words, G2 only works if G1 is ON or gripping. Is that accurate? If not different hardware, it seems like there should be an electrical or plumbing solution to your problem.

If my understanding is correct, I do not see how software/programming can possibly resolve things, but I was wrong once before, so I'm going to keep an eye on this thread. Maybe I'll learn something new!

Edited once, last by droth ().