KUKA.ApplicationsKRC_1.2 installation failed

• Hello fellows, new software installation support is needed. Krc2, Kss 5.6.12.

I just tried to install new optional software KUKA.Aplications V1. 2.7 (Usertech 2.4.1 was already installed).

The new software was successfully prepared for installation. After Cold restart, an error was reported.

As attachement is the log-file "V1_2_7_Applications_Setup-4.txt". As it can be seen in the log-file, some files could not be found during installation, such as 'Exec 4', 'ShortCuts',.... Where should be the problem? Does the already installed optional software packages could have some influence in this software installation, or the new software setup files are incomlete?

Your oppinion?

• AD
  • The reason of your problem is stated in this line:

21:54:38 #CopyFiles: D:\KUKA_OPT\APPLICATIONS\Internat\Krcupd\XchgFile.exe - C:\KRC_OPTION\APPLICATIONS\UNINST\Internat\Krcupd\XchgFile.exe ... no file found!

Search that file and put in the directory mentioned and try setup again

• The reason of your problem is stated in this line:

21:54:38 #CopyFiles: D:\KUKA_OPT\APPLICATIONS\Internat\Krcupd\XchgFile.exe - C:\KRC_OPTION\APPLICATIONS\UNINST\Internat\Krcupd\XchgFile.exe ... no file found!

Search that file and put in the directory mentioned and try setup again

Actually, the file XchgFile.exe exists in D:\KUKA_OPT\APPLICATIONS\Internat\Krcupd\..., but I did not check is it was transfered to C:\KRC_OPTION\APPLICATIONS\UNINST\Internat\Krcupd\....

I think the problem is in installation request for certain files that do not exist in Setup.ini.:

21:54:36 !Section 'Exec4' not found in 'D:\KUKA_OPT\APPLICATIONS\Internat\KrcUpd\~SP5C.tmp'.

21:54:36 !Section 'ShortCuts' not found in 'D:\KUKA_OPT\APPLICATIONS\Internat\KrcUpd\~SP5C.tmp'.

21:54:36 !Section 'Delete0' not found in 'D:\KUKA_OPT\APPLICATIONS\Internat\KrcUpd\~SP5C.tmp'.

21:54:36 !Section 'WinDir' not found in 'D:\KUKA_OPT\APPLICATIONS\Internat\KrcUpd\~SP5C.tmp'.

21:54:36 !Section 'Dependencies' not found in 'D:\KUKA_OPT\APPLICATIONS\Internat\KrcUpd\~SP5C.tmp'.

Where this request for these files comes from, during installation?

As attachement is the Setup.ini(txt).

• what difference does it make? setup.exe is following some list of steps and every step need to be ok.

in your case clearly things are not going well as some files are missing

when you get the tech package, check it out. it will contain MD5 file that lists allother files in the package along with checksum for each of the files. confirm that you have all of them and that checksum matches. then you can be sure that you have a complete installer...

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• ok

21:54:36 !Section 'Exec4' not found in 'D:\KUKA_OPT\APPLICATIONS\Internat\KrcUpd\~SP5C.tmp'.

21:54:36 !Section 'ShortCuts' not found in 'D:\KUKA_OPT\APPLICATIONS\Internat\KrcUpd\~SP5C.tmp'.

21:54:36 !Section 'Delete0' not found in 'D:\KUKA_OPT\APPLICATIONS\Internat\KrcUpd\~SP5C.tmp'.

21:54:36 !Section 'WinDir' not found in 'D:\KUKA_OPT\APPLICATIONS\Internat\KrcUpd\~SP5C.tmp'.

21:54:36 !Section 'Dependencies' not found in 'D:\KUKA_OPT\APPLICATIONS\Internat\KrcUpd\~SP5C.tmp'.

Explanation mark indicates a warning not an error

21:54:38 #CopyFiles: D:\KUKA_OPT\APPLICATIONS\Internat\Krcupd\XchgFile.exe

Hash indicates an error

• just follow panic mode's suggestion. I am using the tool md5summer

First you can check contents of the usb stick (if used) and afterwards the copied version on hdd.

On drive you have the folder "KUKA_OPT". I normally copy the complete TP manually from usd to hdd and check md5

First you can check contents of the usb stick (drive u:) and afterwards the copied version on hdd.

On drive you have the folder "KUKA_OPT". I normally copy the complete TP manually from usd to hdd and check md5

Thank you both for your support. I just checked the MD5, manualy. The MD5 content correspodent to each file from the installation package, so no file is missing according to MD5. MD5Summer tool will be used, too.

Same, the complete Tech. package content is copied to D:\KUKA_OPT, manualy.

I'll give another installation try soon. I'll give attention to the notified error and try to find a way, XchgFile.exe file to be copied to the right place.

First you can check contents of the usb stick (if used) and afterwards the copied version on hdd.

setup.exe is following some list of steps and every step need to be ok.

in your case clearly things are not going well as some files are missing

I found the problem, but not the solution for it.

The Windows does not recognise "XchgFile.exe" as valid Win32 application and delete it during the TP installation.

Your experience in solving this problem ?

• I checked it previously, there is no problem regarding files consistency.

what does that mean?

you checked the package folder, got come checksums and confirmed that they match the info in CD.MD5? because you did not post content of CD.MD5 and your posts are incoclusive.

what does it mean "previously"? previous to what? before transferring files? if so, it would mean that you don't know if the transfer was ok. maybe the media you used for transfer was not ok, maybe it was but you don't know how to transfer files, maybe there is something else that interferes... and maybe it is combination of those.

ideally you should check files after transfer and before installation.

if you check before transfer, there is no guarantee that files are delivered intact. for example transfer is interrupted nd therefore incomplete. perhaps you used usb for transfer but did not choose to eject the thumb drive safely. perhaps the hdd has bad sectors. perhaps there is malware on your system targeting and modifying EXE files.

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Just in brief. I checked the CD.MD5 at Windows 7 Pc, before transfering the TP files to the XPe D drive trough Usb. I followed the MD5Sums software option for checking the TP folder according the CD.MD5. No error was shown so far, and I'm not sure what additionally I could done using this software. I'll post the CD.MD5 content later.

When I tried to perform the same check (using MD5Sums software) to the TP files transfered to the XPe D drive, I received the same error for the MD5Sums .exe file:

... md5sums.exe is not a valid Win32 application !

Perhaps, there is a comon .exe problem in the XPe Os.

• Just in brief. I checked the CD.MD5 at Windows 7 Pc, before transfering the TP files to the XPe D drive trough Usb. I followed the MD5Sums software option for checking the TP folder according the CD.MD5. No error was shown so far, and I'm not sure what additionally I could done using this software. I'll post the CD.MD5 content later.

When I tried to perform the same check (using MD5Sums software) to the TP files transfered to the XPe D drive, I received the same error for the MD5Sums .exe file:

... md5sums.exe is not a valid Win32 application !

Perhaps, there is a comon .exe problem in the XPe Os.

not sure i understand... you run check on files on your computer... before transfer... and all you can say that the program run without reporting any errors?

that means it computed checksum for each file. but did you do actual comparison of those freshly computed values to see if they match the expectations? do you understand purpose of using checksums?

3) read 1 and 2

• Obviosely, I do not understand how checksums works in details, just in general, to verify that the installation files fingerprints are same as the predicted ones that are written in CD.MD5 of that installation package. A kind of checking, are some of the installation files changed, deleted or corupted.

As attachement is the content of the CD.MD5, if it could eventually provide additional details for the problem.

• checksum is result of some cryptographic function. many such functions exist, MD5 is only one of them.

goal here is to use one that produces short but unique value for given input (in this case file) and KUKA chose MD5. this means if file changes, checksum will be different. comparing short checksum is much faster and easier than comparing possibly large file.

in this case your screenshot in post 12 confirms that the file is ok... at least it WAS ok - on the machine where the check was performed. if that was done on your PC, file could have been corrupted in transfer (copying from your machine to usb or from usb to robot)

you can bring the file back from robot to your computer and check again. if the checksum is still the same than file is ok and something else that is at play. perhaps there is some execution prevention on the robot or something else is corrupted...

3) read 1 and 2

• btw, visually comparing bunch of checksums is ok for one or two files. when there are dozens of files, this is just horrible. it is much better to export result into a text file, convert the case if needed and do file comparison using tool like BeyondCompare, WinMerge, KDIFF etc.

3) read 1 and 2

• if the checksum is still the same than file is ok and something else that is at play. perhaps there is some execution prevention on the robot or something else is corrupted...

- KUKA.Applications was successfully installed at VM with XPe SP2, KSS5.6.9 (at the controller is installed XPe SP3, KSS5.6.12);

- XchgFile.exe from the controller was compared with the original XchgFile.exe, the both files remains the same;

- Kuka C as well as D drive was checked against system errors and bad sectors, no error was found;

May we conclude that the problem (XchgFile.exe execution restriction / XchgFile.exe is not a valid Win32 application) comes from:

1. SP3

2. Present TP installations ?