Looping Issues

• KRC4 KR600 R2830
    Work Visual 3.1.7

Hi all, I cant seem to find the answer to this, so I figured I would try posting.
    Below I have a loop, setup to run 8 times then it will exit the While statement.

I am wondering if it is possible to run the first loop, the for each loop after to change the position X position of the tool by 50mm with respect to the looping depth that was just completed.

I want to keep the same patter on motion, but simply be 50mm off in the X direction.

If somebody can help me out or point me in the correct direction in respect to what documentation I need to read up on, that would be very helpful.

Thank you

• 1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hi

just a quick question but if you do $Base = $base.x + 50;mm
    doesn't the x shift in world coordinates?
    if you want to shift in base coordinates isnt it easier to use the geometric operator?

Kind regards,
    Nomad

• Sorry to reopen this.
    I used the exact setup given by Panic Mode (Realized I needed the Z to change, not the X)

All this does right now is loop the same set of points 8 times. The Z (depth of tool) is not changing at all.

Is there some other procedure that I am missing, or something else I need to change in order to change the Base_Date on the go like this?

Thank you

• as suspected, those are ILF (inline form instructions) and not KRL motions. ILFs contain additional code. each ILF uses its own tool and base and does not care about tool and base set before it - it means it ignores offset computed at the top of the loop...

I inverted colors on those extra lines of code so you can see what you were ignoring while reading this topic (not to mention that you used old motion planner instructions instead of spline versions). Red arrows show where frame data is modified inside ILF.

Advertising from our partners