PC Communication with E-Server Function... Not MotoCOM

• Has anyone ever tried to implement a PC program using socket communication? I've used MotoCOM many times but I'm wanting to try with sockets now. I'm not very strong with socket programming but I'm wanting to learn.

I've tried to send the CONNECT Robot_access<CR><LF> command but I do not get response back from the robot.

Any ideas?
    Any sample code you can share?

RoboGuru

• Hello RoboGuru,
    there is no response expected at this point.

Here's a docu snippet :

"Since the Ethernet server function uses the TCP port 80, it can be checked by the telnet command
    from the host computer whether the Ethernet server function operates normally.
    In the Windows2000/XP, the command prompt can be started up to check the connection as
    follows:
    1. Enter "telnet IP address 80".
    2. The display switches to the window for telnet.
    3. Enter "CONNECT Robot_access" (At normal settings, an echo is not returned).
    4. Enter "HOSTCTRL_REQUEST RSTATS 0".
    5. The check is completed when the response to command/answer is displayed.
    C:\>telnet 192.168.255.1 80
    HOSTCTRL_REQUEST RSTATS 0
    HOSTCTRL_REQUEST RSTATS 0
    OK: RSTATS
    194,0"

greetings from Gamma

• We have done lots of robot communication using this function.
    I can email you the example code we did. please give me your email address.

• We have done lots of robot communication using this function.
    I can email you the example code we did. please give me your email address.

I am stuck with socket communication on YRC1000. Can you please give me a detailed step by step instruction on How to do a proper socket communication. I have set all the parameter. Please provide the sample code also. Email: ajmal.ajmal.m@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!

• Hello.

I'm trying to use this method but something is wrong.

I used a yaskawa example, like Sample DX 100 just to try connection and then understand how it works, but i cant. Show me an error im message box saying Could not get a handle. Check Hardware key!"

Anyone hnows what that means and the solution.

Thanks

Advertising from our partners