Fanuc profinet settings communication with S7-1200

• Hello all,

I dont know, what I do wrong, but I am not able to set profinet communication between Fanuc (R-30iB Mini Plus - CRX-25iA) using A05B-2600-S536 (V9.40.3) and Simatic S7-1200 (CPU 1215c).

I want to use Fanuc as device on profinet so I created "device1.zip"

At TiaPortal (v18) I have at slot 1 DO256 (address 18..49) and at slot 2 DI256 (18..49)..

IP addresses are of course at the same subnet.

In Proneta I see PLC as controller on Profinet and Fanuc as Device controlled by PLC.

Fanuc I/O settings:

DI:

Start number: 113

Number of bits: 256

I/O module type:PROFINET

Rack:100

Slot:1

Start Point: 1

DO:

Start number: 113

Number of bits: 256

I/O module type:PROFINET

Rack:100

Slot:1

Start Point: 1

Do you have any advice for me, please?

Thank you very much

• HawkME

Approved the thread.
  • Could be due to mismatch between the order in which your I/O-modules are configured.

(For me, it's the same as when trying to insert a USB connector, it always takes me 3 tries before it works.... :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: )

Three suggestions:

1) Swap places of your I/O-modules in your device1-file so that you have the input module (ID=14) on slot 2 and vice versa.

2) Swap places of your I/O-modules in your HW-config in TIA Portal so that your input module is on slot 1 and vice versa

3) Use a combined input/output-module both in the device1-file (maybe module ID=13 with 32 Bytes in and 32 Bytes out?) and use the corresponding combined input/output-module in TIA. This is usually my go-to solution. It also uses less slots in your setup.

Also, maybe it's a type-o, but you seem to have mapped your DIs and your DOs to the same slot in the robot, which, given your current setup, will not work.

Your DOs should be on slot 2.

Advertising from our partners