Fanuc Robot Space Function Question

• Good morning all,

Having a quick question regarding the space function. Since space function has priority level and playing a role like traffic cop. My question is how does the space function information shared between robot controller?

Example is I setup a space in RB1 controller giving a priority level 10, how do I setup RB2 to use the same space but different priority?

Thank you!

• 95devils

Approved the thread.
  • 1. Communication Control

Rob01 and Rob02 combine slave as Master PLC

When PLC maker "Melsec (Mitsubishi)", robot must contain rack92 comm card (CC_Link)
    and, request PLC engineer to "When robot01's Do01 On, Given to Robot02's Di01"

※ You must specify details of the robot controller according to the communication scheme you configure for automation.

2. Direct Control (Hard Waring)
    I'm not sure "General I/O Board (in16 / out16)" 's Rack number.

maybe... Rack 0 ?
    next, wiring each robot controller's I/O board
    next configure Do & Di range (Rack, slot, start Pt etc...)

ABB, FANUC, Hyundai, Kawasaki

Edited once, last by saberlars ().

• Adding on to the above post:

1. There are multiple options for which comm protocol you just. For example, EthernetIP.

2. Hardwired IO would be rack 1. Or the EE connector which uses RO/I.

Thank you for the answers!

But I am still a little confused here, yes, both robots will be talking to PLC, I can set up the space function for both robot and have DI and DO mapped into PLC.

But what about priority level? Is this going to be a GI? If I have to define a space for each robot, how does the two spaces link to each other and know who have the higher priority?

Thank you!

• You will have to figure that out. I suggest writing some logic in the PLC to play traffic cop.

The spaces won't be linked. You have to make sure they are correct and the same in each robot independently.

• Space function's key point is "Interference".

Robot said "priority" is near "who inside or outside?"

but, PLC's priority concept's little bit different.

You first, you next.

You will have to figure that out. I suggest writing some logic in the PLC to play traffic cop.

The spaces won't be linked. You have to make sure they are correct and the same in each robot independently.

I'm recommend too "Traffic cop" by PLC

or, you can control by basic I/O signal.

R1 given grant signal to R2.

ABB, FANUC, Hyundai, Kawasaki

Advertising from our partners