Setup Backup?

• Hi guys because my company integrates robots with our machines the same way every time regardless of robot size (typically either a 200iD or a M10iA) I'm looking for an easy way to back up and store basic set up aspects so I can just upload rather than handle these manually.

Specifically I'm looking at things like MODBUS/IP setup, DO/DI addressing, UOP addressing, and the like. I'd also like to keep the saved DO/DI comments and the data that is not positional in our interference check set up.

I already know how to do a full back up image but doesn't this override EVERYTHING? Including options and such?

I've got a lot of automation and robotic experience but am still very new to Fanuc so please pardon my very basic question, I just want to be sure I'm doing this correctly and the most efficient way possible. FYI we do not and probably never will have roboguide unfortunately.

• Place your Ad here!
  • It sounds like most of what you want to restore, is I/O related stuff. You could restore the DIOCONFIG.IO or DIO.IO file from an "All of the above" backup on an integrated robot, to the new one your integrating. Then cycle power. Everything should be there.

• It sounds like most of what you want to restore, is I/O related stuff. You could restore the DIOCONFIG.IO or DIO.IO file from an "All of the above" backup on an integrated robot, to the new one your integrating. Then cycle power. Everything should be there.

That sounds like a pretty solid option.
    I think I could really benefit from a better literacy of the different files where all the data is stored on the controller.
    Any idea as to which manual I'd find this information?
    We are an authorized integrator so I have access to any documentation I need I just am not sure where to start looking.

• K-Bizzle,

If you are an authorized integrator and have an account on the CRC site, click on the tab Support/Downloads and E-DOC should appear. After agreeing to terms of use you will be presented with a directory tree that will lead you to all manner of manuals.

One note about loading I/O files from another robot, there can be issues with the system variable settings that auto configure some I/O and of course when moving between different controllers generations or between a MATE type controller and a full size controller some issues may arise.