Converting TP programs to text file

• Maketp.exe is a program that comes with RoboGuide, OLPCPro, or WinOLPC. You have to have purchased one of those software items from Fanuc to get it, you cannot just name a random file Maketp.exe and expect it to become a new Software program.

If you have one of the above mentioned Programs or purchase them then I can help guide you along the next steps. The other option is to Purchase the ASCII upload option to install on each robot, then they will take .ls files directly.

Also, you need to know how you plan to transfer the files. On newer robots it can be done over ethernet or USB. On older ones you may need an RS-232 cable and old XP laptop.

Thank you HawkME for your help. What I do have are these files in a folder below. Misunderstanding, I have the exe and program files that make the TXT files from TP files, I only edited the batch file pointing to "printtp.exe" to use "maketp.exe" hoping to convert back to TP, you see I just need to convert them back to TP from TXT after the programmer edits them and so I am unsure the CMD or syntax to run using the "maketp.exe" . On one of the previous post, it said to use "maketp.exe" but I don't know what command to run in the batch file. I used "printtp.exe" to make the TXT files already. It works good.

kcdict.exe

kcdictlib.dll

kconvars.exe

kconvarslib.dll

ktrans.exe

ktranslib.dll

maketp.exe

printall.bat

printtp.exe

robot.cfg

setrobot.exe

asc2bint.dll

bin2asct.dll

frmath.dll

frpcloco.dll

Thank you.

• Place your Ad here!
  • You have to have a virtual robot created first using one of the software packages I mentioned above. Then you use run setrobot.exe to select the virtual robot which generates a robot.cfg or .ini file. Then with that file in the same location as maketp you can run:

maketp <ls file path/name> <new to file path/name>

• You have to have a virtual robot created first using one of the software packages I mentioned above. Then you use run setrobot.exe to select the virtual robot which generates a robot.cfg or .ini file. Then with that file in the same location as maketp you can run:

maketp <ls file path/name> <new to file path/name>

OK, I have it working now. generated the robot.ini 1st. Now the TP files are created, thank you.

• Here is a program to translate TP -> LS.
    Just run the .bat file to translate all files in the folder (You have to copy the TP files to the same folder)>

Dear mininel,

Is this program still working nowadays? I converted a TP program but the only output in the text file is '/END'. Am I doing something wrong?

Regards,

Roy

• I get the same output as others run the batch file and only get /end as output data.

Was hoping this would save me a 3 hour round trip to the customer to pull .ls directly ugh.

• Hi Everybody. I have a diferent way for make this. maybe is unpractical, but work if you take care with the details. and if you dont have the fanuc programs like me.

First, i make a backup from the program Robot in ascci. This Backup is a *.ls file and save it in the Directory selected. in my case, the TP Usb port.

After, in the laptop, i change the .ls to .txt in the file propieties. Now i can see it in text like in the TeachPendant. I make the changes needed, and save the file withe other name. In this step is important 2 things, first one is the name, cus in the base of program, the name need to be the same name of file. and the second is the number of rows, it need to have the correct order, 1,2,3,4,.....129,130,131. if you have some diferent here, your program cant be loaded in the controller.

Now, we need change the *txt to *.ls. Check if in your computer, you hava selected the option to check the file extension (in the folder: click to view, and select file extension name). Now you can change the file extension. save this file in your memory card and go to your robot controller.

Your files can be loaded in ¨.ls" and automatyc be transfer like a TP program. Open your Directory, find your file and select "load". Now your file is loaded and it must work if you make all the steps.

• I think you have the ASCII upload option installed, without this the Teach Pendant will not accept the file upload

• ROBOT_G The problem is uploading it back to the TP. You Cant upload ASCII files without that paid option installed on your robot. You can convert LS to TP using maketp.exe found in winOLPC - but apparently you have to choose your robot config in winOLPC first?

• ROBOT_G The problem is uploading it back to the TP. You Cant upload ASCII files without that paid option installed on your robot. You can convert LS to TP using maketp.exe found in winOLPC - but apparently you have to choose your robot config in winOLPC first?

I was referring to all the changing of file extension just to edit the file. It's not necessary to do that.