Send output signal afther running X hours

• Hello all.

I'm working with a yaskawa YRC 1000.

I was wondering if it is possible to send an output signal when the running hours reach a certain value?

Thanks all in advance :winking_face:

This is what i do, that doesn't mean it's the right way to do it. :smiling_face:

• Sure. You could do it through the ladder using a timer to count down. Timer’s done turn on the output. This method depends on how many hours you need. The timer maximum is 6553.5 seconds.

Another method would be use a Timer Variable with the SETTM instruction. You then could use a conditional instruction to turn on the output. Once again, this has a maximum amount that is even larger.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Great thanks for the answer!

The reason why, is that I would like the robot to send an output when the running hours reach the

point that maintenance is needed as a reminder.

I know you can look it up but it's just a question :smiling_face:

Are timers sufficient enough for this purpose?

This is what i do, that doesn't mean it's the right way to do it. :smiling_face:

• The SETTM instruction would get you to 5,965 hours and change. Close enough for me for a 6000 hour service.

Is the PM function not available on your controller?

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

Advertising from our partners