Assembly exploited view for motors transmition for KR15-2

• Good morning, I need to change the motor axis A5 in KUKA KR15/2 (KRC1).

The motors of a A4, A5 and A6 have the same characteristics label and description: 1FK6032-6AK71-1ZZ9-ZS06, but some partners say me that the motors can have a pulley or pinion depending on the axis.

Would be the motors different with pinion or pulley? or the motors have the same axis shape.

Someone could have a explotion view of motors-gears-transmision for axis A4-A5-A6 in KUKA KR15/2 (KRC1), and technical manual to dismantle those motors?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

• Place your Ad here!
  • KUKA motors have shaft that is either smooth or splined. so it is possible that two motors are electrically the same but mechanically have different shaft. however, when that is the case, they do have different article numbers.

motors on the robot arm normally have splines. this is common where the motor mates with the gearbox or extension shaft.

in general, process is to move the arm to a safe position where arm will not move or sag and optionally provide support, then power it down, unplug motor cables. then if the axis uses belts, release belt tension. next remove four bolts holding the motor in place, then slide the motor out. if axis is using belt, there are of course pulleys but they are not integral part of the motor (you can replace the motor and reuse pulleys).

assembly is done in reverse. just make sure to grease the shaft and check the seals. if the axis uses belts, there is additional step of correctly tensioning belts. once the axis is assembled, it will need to be mastered. in case of wrist axis motor replacement, following axes will need to be mastered as well in the increasing axis order... check Xpert for robot arm manual.

KRC1 indicates an older robot system - from the era where computers were sharing customer documentation online was not yet popular. so resources like that were shared in form of CD (KUKA Parts and Docs) but may not show the level of detail you are hoping for.

i would check Xpert for the proper manual.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Thanks a lot,

we have disassembled motor 5 to replace it with a refurbished motor we bought.

Before mounting it, we have tested the motor connected to the robot (the two connectors) but not mounted with the belt, and when starting the motors, the motor vibrates a lot and gets hot.

Is there any adjustment operation I have to do?

Is there anything I don't know how to do?

I understand that the motor must move and then adjust the zero.

Could this be a defect in the engine?

Best regards