R-30iB Mini Plus - CRX-25iA wiring SFDIxx

• Hello all,

I cant find how to wire SFDI Fanuc (R-30iB Mini Plus - CRX-25iA). I have a signal from safety PLC which will stop robot. On safety I/O board there is "24V E", "0V", "SFDI11", "SFDI21" etc...

Do I need to wire external 24VDC on "24V E", "0V" ? and by this voltage control SFDI signal? I tried it,but it doest work, and I am not able to find any connection diagram in manuals :frowning_face:

Thank you very much for any advice

Dzon

• Place your Ad here!
  • massula

Approved the thread.
  • Hi,
    You should have two wires coming from the safety PLC, these two make up ONE safe digital input (dual channels for safety signals).

SFDI11 and SFDI21 will give you an input on SPI[1]

SFDI12 and SFDI22 will give you an input on SPI[2]

The one you choose to use should then be mapped to the external E-stop function in your DCS through the use of Safe I/O Connect:

• Hi,
    You should have two wires coming from the safety PLC, these two make up ONE safe digital input (dual channels for safety signals).

SFDI11 and SFDI21 will give you an input on SPI[1]

SFDI12 and SFDI22 will give you an input on SPI[2]

The one you choose to use should then be mapped to the external E-stop function in your DCS through the use of Safe I/O Connect:

Ok thank you, I got it, I need to use both SFDI11 and SFDI21..

And Now, what about 24VDC connection? Is it correct that I connect external power to "24V E", "0V" ?

Thank you very much

• Hi,
    Explain what you mean with "On safety I/O board there is "24V E", "0V", "SFDI11", "SFDI21" etc...".

Do you mean the CRMC15-connector or the CRMC19 (when using the Terminal conversion module)?

Because none of them have any external 24V input.

Check the maintenance manual for the Mini Plus Controller, there is a connection diagram as well as specification for the various connectors.

• I have A20B-1010-0270/01A card and there is CRMC22 Safety Input and CRMC23 Safety Output.

Title CRMC22 is:

SFDI28SFDI27SFDI26SFDI25SFDI24SFDI23SFDI22SFDI210V
    SFDI18SFDI17SFDI16SFDI15SFDI14SFDI13SFDI12SFDI1124V E

I am sorry, I wanted to add a picture but is not possible to add, I dont know why :loudly_crying_face:

• My best guess is that if you provide the 24EXT_IN (located on another connector) with an external 24 VDC supply, then you can grab it from this "24 E"-terminal on your CRMC22.

Best advise would be to not use the 24 E at all (unless you really need to for some reason).