YRC1000 Override speed below 10%

• Hello, good forum,

I'm doing an installation of a YRC1000 robot which will work in remote mode.

The problem is that my gripper is quite fragile, and I'm not a fan of testing on automatic mode at +10% speed.

Is there any way of getting this setting below the 10%? the TP just says "Enter correct value" whenever I try to write, let's say, 5%, 1% or even 0%.

Thanks in advance...

"Hell...Yesterday it was workinG... I sweaR" :o)

• Place your Ad here!
    • Helpful

No, the software won’t allow you to go slower than 10%. I assume you did an INTERLOCK + TEST START. That is 25% of maximum speed. I’m surprised that the software will even let you enter in less than 25%. It’s been that way for decades though.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• No, the software won’t allow you to go slower than 10%. I assume you did an INTERLOCK + TEST START. That is 25% of maximum speed. I’m surprised that the software will even let you enter in less than 25%. It’s been that way for decades though.

Well, there it goes another thing that I don't like about this Yaskawa robots.

Interlock + Test Start goes insanely fast on T1/Manual mode. I am using Interlock+FWD for low speed, but this way you can only appreciate the path on an step by step mode...

When testing on automatic mode, it allows you to go as slow as 10% (Utility > Speed Override). When you press shift+up/down, the over-ride speed goes 10,11,12,13... an so on, but it won't go below 10.

Thanks for your answer, I'll start praying to the programming gods for good luck!

"Hell...Yesterday it was workinG... I sweaR" :o)

• If I remember the defaults correctly jogging or FWDing in low is 3.0 mm/sec, medium is 100.0 mm/sec, and high is 200 mm/sec.

Running in Speed Override at 10% will run all your moves at 10% of programmed speed. 100% would be 100% of programmed speed.

Interlock + Test Start limits speeds to a maximum of 25%. Speeds programmed under run at programmed speeds. Speeds programmed over run at 25%.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.