INTERRUPT PROBLEM - ON BEFORE IT SHOULD BE

• Hi,

I've got a problem. Tested on krc2 5.5.8 and 5.6.10 the same behaviour.

The interrupt 23 in the program below is activated even when robot is on move to XP1. Is this normal behaviour of kuka robots?

I turn interrupt ON AFTER the robot should reach XP1 and still the XP1 is interrupted when the robot is in move to XP1.

I simplified the program to show how I use this interrupt. I added halt to check that the program really going into the ir sub and it confirmed that it goes there even when INTERRUPT is OFF.

Where is the problem? Thank you for any input.

• Place your Ad here!
  • Advance Run Pointer. Depending on the value of $ADVANCE, it "pre-loads" the next several motion commands (between 0 and 5, default value is 3), and pre-executes any non-motion code between those motions.

Try making XP1 a non-CONT motion. Or place a WAIT SEC 0 between the XP1 move and the INTERRUPT ON command.

If you absolutely must keep XP1 as a CONT motion, then you'll need to use a TRIGGER command to execute the INTERRUPT ON.

• I thought until today that ADVANCE was only merging robot moves, and the "standard instructions" are executed between these moves and ofcourse advance pointer stops at instructions mentioned in KUKA expert manual as advance pointer stoppers. It was big misunderstunding on my side. Thank you for clarifying this.

From your post I assume that instructions that do not stop ADVANCE pointer are executed in sequence until reaching the move that ADVANCE pointer point at, even that the moves are not executed yet.

CONT is needed to get smooth movement. I will try TRIGGER tommorow. It looks promising. Thank you.

• From your post I assume that instructions that do not stop ADVANCE pointer are executed in sequence until reaching the move that ADVANCE pointer point at, even that the moves are not executed yet.

Correct. The ARP runs ahead of the Main Run Pointer and executes any non-Motion commands "in advance", until it hits a "breaking" command. WAITs are the most obvious "breaking" commands, but there's an entire list in the KUKA documentation.

Upon hitting a "breaking" command, the ARP halts until the MRP catches up with it.