Hello, so far I have worked with KUKA robots. Today I skimmed through this section of the forum, read the AS programming manual and now have some beginner questions. If I write something as a statement about AS and I am wrong, do correct me, please.
To begin with- there is a question of whether it's feasible to rewrite a project we've already done with KUKA, to Kawasaki AS. I had a glimmer of hope that I could just write KRL code in AS syntax, but I see that won't work- AS is way different
The controller would most likely be E series.
From my experience with KUKA, the manuals are correct, but incomplete- not all system variables and functions/procedures are mentioned. I suspect it may be similar with AS manuals, hence:
1. Are there any procedures to calculate inverse kinematics (joint angles/positions from XYZOAT and Joint angles). How about a DLL for doing it externally? I am aware of INRANGE() procedure, hoping for more.
2. Maybe I didn't notice, but how many interrupts max can be declared/started at the same time?
3. AS evaluates non motion commands until the next motion/IO command. But for approximated motion, it should evaluate some of the motion commands after the current one? Does it and how many? (in KRL this is called Advance pointer if it means anything to you)
4. I saw it mentioned that C controllers can have up to 3 process control threads, how many for E?
5. From the lack of mentions and from the way variables don't need declaration, am I right to assume variable structures don't exist in AS? Looks like XYZAOT and JT1-JT6 are special cases. That seems a bit inconvenient; did you just learn to do without grouping values or found a different way to do it? Is everyone in Kawasaki really into lambda calculus?
6. Enumeration is probably replaced with strings?
7. If I understood correctly, NLOAD/SLOAD can be used to programmatically download and execute programs from external storage devices?
8. Do E series controllers still have 8MB of working memory?
9. Are there any computational geometry procedures/libraries by default from Kawasaki or around the forum? I saw DISTANCE and CCENTER, is that the extent?
10. Is there spline motion capability? I don't mean the approximated motion.
11. What's the max depth on function nesting/recursion?
12. I am sure capability to call procedures by string value (something not available in KRL) is immensely useful. Do you have any no obvious uses for it?