Hello everyone !
I am french so excuse my not perfect english.
First of all, thank you all for this amazing community, it already helped me a lot in rescuing my new (old) robot.
As introduction : I work with wood and am passionate by technology (programming, electronics, mechanics...) but I don't have any experience with industrial robotics.
I have the project to use a robot to do some wood carving/milling for making some carpentry assemblies and other stuff involving a spindle attached to the robot.
So, 2 weeks ago I bought an old kr150L150/2SP with a KRC1 controller and KCP. The robot was not used the 10 last years.
What I all already did on it:
- backup the original HDD (clonezilla with IDE to USB adapter)
- change the big capacitors of the motherboard so it POST again
- install a new (old) HDD, the original one made annoying sounds during backup
- partitioning, formatting and clean install of Windows 95 and KSS 4.1.7 following the Kuka manual (more or less, I did't use a CD but copied the install stuff on the D partition)
- get the right MADA folder to use by asking Kuka with the serial number of the robot (they answered within 2 hours! nice)
- get the 6 axis to move in manual mode
- get the robot down the pallet and bolt on floor
- turn an aluminium dial gauge adaptor to make the mastering
- mastered axis 1 - 2 - 3
And now I am stuck.
In fact the next day a made the first movements, as I wanted to try again, I got an "over torque on axis 4" error just after pressing a movement button (axis 1 if I remember) and having bad sounds in the robot. I checked the hardware stops (not in cause) and after 2 or 3 trials it worked again correctly.
Some days after : same thing.
And yesterday I got an "overcurrent on axis 4" error and this time I got to restart the whole krc1 to reset that (if someone have a faster solution to reset it...).
After that, it restarted to work correctly so I could master axis 1 to 3 and as I wanted to move 4: "overcurrent"...
What I did yesterday :
- made a try with motor 4 powercable disconnected -> "got over torque error" / can this damage the PM I hope no
- swaped cables of motor 4 and 6 -> error still on axis 4
- measured resistance of motor coils and brake in the connection box -> seems OK (similar to the other motors)
- took out and opened PM6-600 and checked the output short relay opened correctly -> seems OK / not understanding for what purpose this relay is, if someone have an explanation...
- swaped axis 4 and 5 connectors on PM6-600 -> error still on axis 4
- reprogrammed the current limiting EEPOT according the kuka manual (with swap of the programming jumper) -> not sure something happened since the UI tells nothing...
Now, whatever axis I try to move, I directly get the "overcurrent on axis 4" error without any sad sound in the robot.
I now decided to ask for help since I feel stuck with this problem.
So everyone is informed : I don't have any access to Kuka spare parts to make swap tests. I am equipped with some electronic tools : oscilloscope, protocol analyser. I am ready to put hands in the PM6-600 since I don't want to spend the price I have bought the whole robot to replace this unit.
Thanks to everyone that read until here and that could give me some tips to move on.
Wish you a good day. Tobias.