Fanuc Siemens Communication problem

• Hello , :smiling_face_with_halo:

We have a problem with one robot , it was fitted with a Siemens profinet card a while ago and we cannot get it to work. Im using Tia portal to connect to it , but when i want to assign a name it tells me the model type is wrong. I used the NCM diagnostic tool to look up the card and all the information is correct with my GSD file in TIA portal. :confused_face:
    The software option is installed in the controller.

The Controller is R-30ib.

The Card is CP1604 ; 6GK1 160-AA01 ; Firmware 2.6.0 .

Im attaching a zip file with pictures...

• Place your Ad here!
  • Hello;

For R-30iB you should be use firmware 2.6.0.3.9 from Fanuc.

If the controller is "Plus" and profinet option is "Profinet Gen II" you should use 2.7.2.0.17 and self prepared GSD generated by TIA Portal.

And also please check your plc art number with project. It show Device type different error too.

• Fluke, I've never seen TIA generate a GSD file. Siemens Tech support is pretty helpful, except if you ask them for a GSD file - they refer you to the manufacture.

Mario, I have had problems with the GSD file for the profi-net card on two projects. Both times Fanuc had to give me a different GSD file to resolve this issue. They had the same name! I don't know what they did to make the new file work.

Good luck.:confused_face:

• Thank you for your responses !

I got them to send me the pictures of the profinet versions on the robot , because its on site. Pictures are in attachment .

It would seem the Controller is 8.20 version and the profinet card is 2.6.0.3.

By looking through the manual this is not compatible and i need to change the firmware in the Profinet Card.

I got the fw16xx-2.5.2.2.1.fwl file from the Fanuc tech ,I have a few questions regarding this.

1.Will it be enough to use the Siemens Firmware Loader and directly download it ? Or do i need to download it through the controller system using controlled start > profinet setup > firmware download ?

2.How do i know if this is a Siemens version of the file or Fanuc version?

Regarding "And also please check your plc art number with project. It show Device type different error too." This is because im trying to access the profinet card through online access and used "show all accessible devices on network" . So the PLC is actually different from the type im actually looking for. Because its searching for CP1604 2.6.0 type cards.

• Helpful

Fluke, I've never seen TIA generate a GSD file. Siemens Tech support is pretty helpful, except if you ask them for a GSD file - they refer you to the manufacture.

Mario, I have had problems with the GSD file for the profi-net card on two projects. Both times Fanuc had to give me a different GSD file to resolve this issue. They had the same name! I don't know what they did to make the new file work.

Good luck.:confused_face:

Hello Robot Programmer;

Profinet Generation II working as "I-Device" (Intelligent device) mode it mean GSD's generated by TIA Portal and can be use anywhere. You should learn "I-Device" on Siemens forum or else where.

Mario Cinger;

1.Will it be enough to use the Siemens Firmware Loader and directly download it ? Or do i need to download it through the controller system using controlled start > profinet setup > firmware download ? Siemens Firmware loader is enough. Of course you can use controller menu.

2.How do i know if this is a Siemens version of the file or Fanuc version? If I remember correctly Simatic Manager or TIA Portal Online menu show card firmware version.