ABC to rotation angles- vertical horizontal movements

• Hi Robo-team,

I've strange situations with my kuka kR210L130 K (KRC V5.4.14)

Movements of horizontal and vertical isn't correct.:thinking_face:

1. I created new BASE used 3 point metod. (all 3 point was in correct level in horizontal (platform was leveled, distans bettwen points about 300mm)

2. I'd like manual movements the robot

3. I choose new BASE coordinates

4. I instaled do gripper self-leveling laser showing a cross on the floor

5. I mark the position of the cross on the floor

6. I start movements i Z+ to up

7. I see the laser cross changed position (move isn't in vertical position).

8. I go to the setup base in manual and change rotation A,B,C till I've vertical movements

9. Now I want to movements in horozontal and start Y+ and Y- and it's ok I have movents in horizontal

10. Now I want to movements in horizontal and start X+ and X- and the movents isn't in horizontal, in windows position reading i see Z isn't change but in real i see gripper is go up on distance about x+1200mm is phisical change about z+200mm

11. I try fix it and change A B C rotatrion, and when i have horizontal movements but now I don't have vertical.

12. I try change X and Y i BASIS coordinates. so swap X to Y and Y to X.

13. Now i have this same problem when i make movents on Y not X.

14. I a look at methods RPY_TO_MAT/MAT_TO_RPY found inside kue_weg.src in folder C:/KRC/UTIL but there I don't see any disturbing things.

15. I'm thinking when I use axis A2 and A3 more i've problem with level so when i make movents from robot side to outside. I checked it and positiona A1 don't have relevant. If I make movents form inside Reach about 500 and increase this reach i have change horizontal position.

16. Could you give me some prompt what I can do?- I'm thinking I've to change some things in servo settings?

• Place your Ad here!
  • 1. make SURE you are using correct MADA

2. make SURE robot is mastered correctly

3. attach some pointer to EOAT and teach TCP using 4-point method. if using corner of one of gripper fingers, make SURE to mark it (sharpie, masking tape, whatever) to guarantee that you are ALWAYS on SAME corner during TCP measurement.

4. verify that TCP is good (select pointer tool, increase jog speed to max then rotate by changing ABC, robot must move and tip of the pointer should still be in same place).

5. check if WORLD is level (Z-pointing up) and adjust $ROBROOT if needed. you can use pointer TCP to measure base that is level. if the base is parallel with the WORLD, it's ABC values will be at or close to zeroes.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Good Morning, Thank you Panic Mode for answer

1. I'm not sure because we bought this unit as used and now we're during implementation in our company...

2. I'm try organize mastered tool

3. I'm try many times and always i've error, measurement isn't correct tolerance. (min is 5mm, min as i had 17mm and more) I did it very persicion and carfull but i can't finish it. I Hade stabil sharp spearhead in robot and base.

4. it isn't look good, tip of the pointer change place (didn't make finish TCP measurement)

5. I checek it and it looks like ok, don't have any change all rotation ABC is 0

6. phisical I don't have correct angle betwen axis X,Y and Z

7. I'll be waiting for masterning tool and first make masterning, then teach TCP 4-point method.

8. Thank you for your suppor Have a nice weekend

• 1. take a good look at Help>Info>Robot and compare it with robot label and robot drawings, specially if the length of the wrist extension and wrist are really correct.

2. does not stop you from doing step1

3. this is expected if pointer is not firmly attached, if controller is using wrong robot mada or if robot is not mastered

4. ok, time to repeat previous steps before doing anything else.

5. ????????. is WORLD level when you jog robot in X and Y direction?

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Good Morning

1. take a good look at Help>Info>Robot and compare it with robot label and robot drawings, specially if the length of the wrist extension and wrist are really correct. It's Ok type in info robot is correct

2. does not stop you from doing step1

3. this is expected if pointer is not firmly attached, if controller is using wrong robot mada or if robot is not mastered. I made mastering is a litel bit better but still it isn't ok when I don't chose any cordinate and tools and move Z axis from -600 till -500 real change is abot 90mm not 100mm

4. ok, time to repeat previous steps before doing anything else.

5. ????????. is WORLD level when you jog robot in X and Y direction? No we don't have level when we jog i X or Y direcion :loudly_crying_face:

We make few specyfic cordinate and now we can working. (it's not as it should be but we somehow deal with it (we have to))

When we jog i Z in + position for example from +1500 do 1000 difference betwen robot change and real is smaller when we're working in minus we have biger different ( for example -600 to -500 )

• you are not giving much info. not sure how to help you more. you still have not explained exact setup (floor, wall, or ceiling mount... if it is level /square, if anchored on something solid and not just trying to move the robot while still on a pallet etc.).

is there any sign of damage or repair?

what ensures that label and robot arm are really matching? how do you know for sure that you don't have a Frankenstein?

someone could have replaced wrist or add/remove/replace wrist extension etc. but not get replacement label or update RDC content. are you sure that robot dimensionally matches "KR210L130 K"? are the gear ratios correct? did you compare your current MADA with clean one from D:\? is your robot mounted on a level floor? what is the $ROBROOT value?

if gear ratios correct you can try moving each joint (A1, A2, A3...) by 90deg or 180deg and observe if they really move the exactly the same angle as expected. if the joint lengths in MADA are correct, the distances moved in WORLD will match what you observe or verify with measure tape. (ignore for a second that motions are somewhat diagonal rather than aligned with theoretical world). did you do mastering correctly? how exactly? don't tell me you aligned white marks and used dial mastering option on HMI, those marks are for pre-mastering position, not mechanical zero. if you used mastering tool - which one and how exactly? do you know how to master KUKA robot correctly?

if the $ROBROOT is a null frame and gear ratios are correct, joint lengths are correct, motor data is correct (number of poles etc), mastering is correct things should be ok.... unless there is something else that you are not mentioning. is there any compensation active? are the currents limited and robot is just sagging?

there is a reason i put topic together READ FIRST because people ask questions and assume that someone will have crystal ball and magically understand what you are seeing. let me assure you that this is not the case. clear communication is still vital.

3) read 1 and 2

• Hi Robo-team

this unit was but from second hand market. I was contact with seller company and they send me new MADA file, now looks like ok

Thank you for your help, tips and everythink

have a nice day