I have already spent a few hours going through topics related to safety over X11 on KRC4 controllers. I do have to create some eplans, as well as to choose proper higher level safety controller configuration, but still need to clarify some questions... What's more, I will not have acces to the controller in next 2 weeks, so I can't test anything by myself
Controller is KRC4 Compact type with X11 safety connector and Beckhoff I/Os. I have got paper-version eplan but it is covering not all interfaces
1. X55 Connector
- Ok, the only thing that I'm sure is that on pins 7 & 8 there is 24VDC output, which can be bridged on other pins to use internal 24VDC supply, but....
- what exactly is "Infeed Terminal" on pins 1 & 2?
- EtherCAT Bridge - is it just 24V supply for internal Beckhoff I/Os? pins 3 & 4
- the last one - Bus Coupler - no idea what it is for?
2. X11 Connector
- Do I need to make any X55 jumpers to get X11 interface working properly or not? In other words, is the X11 powered internally only, or is it possible to use external voltage on X11 (i.e. the same that powers external safety controller) ?
- According to X11 pinout to control KUKA External E-Stop one possibility is to use safety relay between pins 1&2 and 10&11. Is it possible to control this E-Stop without relay, just with safe pnp outputs from safety controller (pilz or sick) - such a solution would require external voltage supply for X11, I guess..?
- I know that wiring External E-Stop and User Safety is essential. But do I need to wire "Acknowledge Operator Safety" or this acknowledgement can be made with $CONF_MESS?
I hope, that you guys will help me with my questions