SRVO-043 DCAL alarm(Group:1 Axis:8) for my Fanuc-900i Stamping Line Robot

• Hello Everyone,

I'm facing SRVO-043 DCAL alarm(Group:1 Axis:8) for my Fanuc-900i Stamping Line Robot.
    This Problem occurs only when Speed is high 90% or @100% (Genrally we run robot(s) upto 85% only)
    also,we observed that too much heating in Controller & also the manipulator heating.
    Can anyone reply with remedy if you've face the same or any other solution please. :help:

All power is within you; you can do anything and everything. Believe in that; do not believe that you are weak; do not believe that you are half-crazy lunatic, as most of us believe now-a-days. You can do anything and everything, without even the guidance of any one. All power is there. Stand up and express the divinity within you--Swami Vivekananda

Edited once, last by swapnil ().

• Place your Ad here!
  • Racermike123

Yes we also thinks the same way & did some corrections. as per FANUC (I) suggestion we've minimised ACC @100 for all movements but still no any improvement? :mad:
    Also,fine tunning is done for the programme.
    this error occurs only when speed increased above 90% or upto 100%

All power is within you; you can do anything and everything. Believe in that; do not believe that you are weak; do not believe that you are half-crazy lunatic, as most of us believe now-a-days. You can do anything and everything, without even the guidance of any one. All power is there. Stand up and express the divinity within you--Swami Vivekananda

• Sometimes the answer is simple. The axis is being "overworked". What is your axis 8? / What is your setup?

Error correction says to "relax the conditions". Could you explain your operation a little more?

• This is Stamping Line Automation & Robot Mounted on pedestal.
    Having 6Axis Robot & 7'th Axis is our Grippper Tool.
    error occurs only when speed increased from 90-100%

• Ok, so.. 6 axis arm and a gripper tool as axis 7. So what is your axis 8? Is your gripper X/Y? I think the issue is you still haven't really explained what your axis 8 is.

Although I think the simplest troubleshooting step should kinda be obvious: Reduce programmed speed

• Yes we are wunning robot at low speed but Production people want to run @100%
    as Productivity goes down :mad:
    7th Axis only.......

• Yes we are wunning robot at low speed but Production people want to run @100%
    as Productivity goes down :mad:

Yep, I've been there lol

With any automated system, at some point there are mechanical limits. The answer is to try to find a balance where the servo isn't being overheated, and production/admin is ok with production speed.

You've still got me confused though.. this whole thread was about an axis 8 error? and you have 7 axes? :hmmm:

And you mentioned controller heat. There are different types of cabinet coolers/vortex coolers that could help with that and may help resolve your overheating issue.

• Actually, it's Axis 4... Axis 8 would read as (Group:1 Axis:80)

• Please post a picture of the alarm screen when this error occurs, also copy and paste the actual program that is running and what line of the program is executing at the time of failure.
    It would also be good to attach the file summary.dg so we can see the configuration of the robot.

• @Racermike123- Yes I will....
    jjessup- This is right because we have only 7Axes Robot in Which 6Axis Manipulator & 7th is our Gripper Tool.
    @djogf412- Can you please consider jjessup comment regarding Axis confusion!

• hmm, could someone explain the g:1 a:8 thing? :respect:

and the answer remains the same.. there are physical limitations involved. My guess is the program is too aggressive, and excessive heat in your controller is not helping the situation either.

Look at cooling options, and reduce speed.

• Considering the heat issue,
    Has this always been a problem with this robot or had it been running fine and now it is faulting?
    If it has always been a problem we can determine that cooling probably won't help.
    I have seen instances where a fan is blocked or is not working and correcting that remedied the problem.
    But if this has been an issue ever since it was installed, we can probably rule that out.

• hmm, could someone explain the g:1 a:8 thing? :respect:

and the answer remains the same.. there are physical limitations involved. My guess is the program is too aggressive, and excessive heat in your controller is not helping the situation either.

Look at cooling options, and reduce speed.

Well, there's a couple of pages dedicated to it in the Paintool book (and prolly in the other application books as well). What it boils down to, is the A: number is in hex with up to 3 digits. Each axis has it's own bit.
    So...
    Axis 1 = 0001 = 1
    Axis 2 = 0010 = 2
    Axis 1&2 = 0011 = 3
    Axis 3 = 0100 = 4
    Axis 4 = 1000 = 8
    Axis 8 = 1000 0000 = 80

• djogf412.... Yes now we are running at upto 85% Speed only for these Prg which occurs this fault.
    Racermike123.... This Problem is with only to some programme(s) or we can say only when speed increased to 100%.
    @jjessup- Thanks for detailing of this! :merci:

By the way....We did all the Fine tunning of Programme & Speed decrease inside the Programme means for only to that movements etc but problem remain same! :mad:

As soon i get the pic i will upload the same to Quick understand of this issue!

• cunaf.... R30iA Controller

• Hello
    After Long R&D....Fine tuning of Programme...now we are able to Run @95% for some programme(s) i.e. which have horizontal clear access. (X/Y Direction) :applaus:
    But for those which have very irregular shaped parts & Robot movements still problem is there! :mad:
    now we are consantrating on Programmes fine tunning & Movements also found no any fault by Robot side i.e.Electrical etc
    also while PM(preventive Maintenance) we found that Exhaust fan's mounted on robot servo motor was heavily oily-dusty due to oil leakage drops init while movement in press also the contoller heat sink & fans was dusty-cleaned up.
    still in observation!

Thanks all of you for your Help! :merci:

Edited once, last by swapnil ().