Inverter speed control over KCP.

• Place your Ad here!
  • Red ticks = complete

1 - how to wire devicenet network (power, shielding, topology,...)?
    2 - how and where to use terminators?
    3 - how to enable DeviceNet driver?
    4 - how to configure DeviceNet slave (do you know node address and bus speed of your drive, and where to change it)
    5 - how to configure DeviceNet master (scanlist - edit DEVNET.INI)?

6 - how to map I/O (do you have telegram format for your drive, should be in the drive documentation)?
    7 - how to test I/O (how to use I/O monitor, this allows you to force outputs)?
    8 - how to program? (AFTER, everything above works!)

I have attached the Inverter's drive pdf manual.
    what is telegram format?

• this drive is not your network, to control its speed you need connection of analog output (wago I/O) to analog input of the drive.
    remaining steps (I/O mapping) require info about I/O modules attached to bus coupler 750-346.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• 750-346 - bus coupler
    750-602 - power module
    750-436 - 8x DI
    750-536 - 8x DO
    750-550 - 2x AO
    750-600 - end module

so outputs include 5 byte (2 byte for each AO, plus one byte for DO)
    and inputs include 1 byte (only 8x DI)

Code
    ANOUT1=5,0,16,2,cal32767
    ANOUT2=5,2,16,2,cal32767
    OUTB0=5,4,x1   ;  $in[1..8]
    INB0=5,0,x1    ;  $out[1..8]

if you have something mapped to $in[1..8] or $out[1..8], just increase INB/OUTB, for example

Code
    OUTB20=5,4,x1   
    INB20=5,0,x1

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• this drive is not your network, to control its speed you need connection of analog output (wago I/O) to analog input of the drive.
    remaining steps (I/O mapping) require info about I/O modules attached to bus coupler 750-346.

The analog out from 750-550 is connect to Inverters analog In(#23)

• now the devicenet configuration is complete...
    you should see no I/O related errors on power up (like DN2DRV write error etc.) and you should be able to test the i/o using I/O monitor.
    when manually toggling output, use T1 mode and hold enabling switch.

for analog outputs you can enter values in range 0.0 ...1.0. this will correspond to 0-10V on your output (if you set 0.35, output is supposed to produce 3.5V).

3) read 1 and 2

• A bit more generally, you can think of the $ANOUT value as being a % of the maximum voltage output of your analog device (although the scaling value you use in IOSYS also plays a factor there). If your analog output module had a maximum output of 5V, an $ANOUT value of 1.0 would cause a 5V output, and an $ANOUT of 1.0 would cause a 24V output on a module whose max output went that high. But 10V is usually the standard.

Some analog modules also swing both ways -- I've had spindle systems whose direction of rotation depended on the polarity of the analog output. So if your Wago module supported a range from -10V to +10, an $ANOUT range of -1.0 to +1.0 would scale to that range.

• no.... the image you show is IOSYS.INI, it is a configuration file. you are done with configuration - no more DEVNET.INI or IOSYS.INI.

now you need to use what you configured. a good idea is to test I/O using monitor. this allows you to see state of I/O and control outputs manually. if this works, everything is ready for use in program.

to test I/O use menu Monitor....

3) read 1 and 2

• As Panic Mode suggested, go to "Monitor"--->I/O--->Analog I/O, by the way up to now do I have to have the green terminal block plugged to X801?

How do I switch between Input and Output?

• No, those are comments. Someone added them as a reminder of which $INs and $OUTs were associated to that particular INB/OUTB block.
    When I spoke of entering values into $ANOUT, I meant in your executable code. So that when your milling program is running, you'd have something like:

Code
    PTP PreStartPos
    $ANOUT[1] = 0.5 ; +5VDC to spindle
    WAIT SEC 1 ; time for spindle to target RPM and stabilize
    LIN FirstCut

• ... by the way up to now do I have to have the green terminal block plugged to X801?

no rush, just wait, you still have time.
    you can keep waiting until green connector evolves, develops self-consciousness and decides to help you out with this.

seriously... this was discussed some 30 posts ago(wiring was the first item on the list) :tired:

Hi Panic Mode,
    Ok, step by step:
    1. how to wire devicenet network (power, shielding, topology,...)?

3) read 1 and 2

• I asked because If need to test wago device I would have to plug the main power supply, that is the 3 phase 220VAC which is currently not plugged and I want to make sure everything is properly wired before applying power. The Inverter wiring is my next concern, I think there's 1 wire missing.

The picture below was taken in year 2012 at that time it was connected to KRC1 and working:

Below show all info related to DPL:

Look carefully at the Inverter's wiring there's a thin black wire connected at terminal slot number 23 to terminal slot looks like B2, I'm not sure if it is B2, need someone to confirm this.