MOTN-098 Circle angle too large

• I'm programming an RJ-3, trying to do a 1/2 circle move. I know that I'm following the steps properly to teach the move, but when I try to check the move I keep getting the error MOTN-098. I have tried a different angle for the start position and I'm still being told that the angle is too large. The area of the move is only about 6"X10" and I have done this on 3 different robots on the same fixture with no problem. I'm going to try another start angle/position and see what happens. Any suggestions? :wallbash: :motz:

• AD
  • Im not sure what your background is, but if you know your CNC, then you are probably used to circular points being a start, a finish, and then a radius. Fanuc tries to make it easier on the programmer by calculating the radius using the values in the second point of your move.

L P[1:start] 500mm/sec FINE
    C P[2:radius] 500mm/sec FINE
    P[3:end] 500mm/sec FINE

if point 3 is offset too much from the other points it cannot make a circle from 1 to 3 and still go though the second point. i suggest you hard code the points then touch them up after you get it working.

P[1:start]
    X=0 P=0
    Y=0 W=0
    Z=0 R=0

P[2:radius]
    X=50 P=0
    Y=50 W=0
    Z=0 R=0

P[3:end]
    X=100 P=0
    Y=0 W=0
    Z=0 R=0

if you cant get it to work like that, then you might have some bigger issue. you can try a full circle.

L P[1:start] 500mm/sec FINE
    C P[2:radius] 500mm/sec FINE
    P[3:end] 500mm/sec FINE
    C P[4:radius] 500mm/sec FINE
    P[1:start] 500mm/sec FINE

P[4:radius]
    X=50 P=0
    Y=-50 W=0
    Z=0 R=0

• I am getting MOTN-098 error for "Circle angle too large" when programing Fanuc i30. I simply created a letter "S" with circle arc movement and lift up the tool about 2 inches about the plane when finished writing the "S", however, I am getting this error at the end of the "S" but it won't execute the last movement. Any help would be appreciated.