Cannot Edit Program - FANUC

• Hey everyone,

I’m trying to edit a wait instruction and it won’t let me. I have the TP on and the controller switched and I go to the wait instruction and I can’t arrow over to highlight it or anything. All it says is touch up but for a wait instruction that doesn’t make any sense. I could use some help.

Thank,

Connor

• Place your Ad here!
  • good ol connor

Changed the title of the thread from “Cannot Edit Program” to “Cannot Edit Program - FANUC”.
  • MOM

Approved the thread.
  • You should be able to use the Right Arrow key to move the cursor to the WAIT-condition and then get contextual choices on the F-buttons.

Seeing as you have the "Touch Up"-option (on your F5-key?) you are most likely cursored on the Line number, at the far left.

Also, to change between motion-related functionality for the F-keys and logical/instruction functionality, press the "NEXT" button, to the right of the F5-key. This will toggle between the two modes.

• Helpful

Check to make sure the program is not write protected. On the select screen highlight your program and press details. Write protection needs to be off.

Also, check to make sure full menus are enabled under the function menu.

• Check to make sure the program is not write protected. On the select screen highlight your program and press details. Write protection needs to be off.

Also, check to make sure full menus are enabled under the function menu.

Yup, someone accidentally switched it to quick menu in the function menu. Thank you!