Changing the parameters of the CP300L robot to CP500

• Hello
    Is it possible to convert roboto cp300L to cp500L.
    I read in the technical documentation that the servos on all axes are the same, I don't know about the gears. The mechanical structure itself is also the same. I suspect that there are speed limitations on the axles in the cpl500L.
    Did any of your colleagues do something like that ?? For example, replacing the backup from 500 to 300

Does anyone have a buckup from the cp500l robot and could share it:)

• AD
  • Its not so strange. Some of the Kawasaki arms share the same mechanical components, where the only difference are the servo parameters.

We have done it a few times at my old company. Switching between ZX130 / ZX200 and RS30/RS50 etc..

Making a ZX130 run like a ZX200 severely changes the servo characteristics, giving it a slower gentler motion. Used when the engineer made the tool way to heavy for the original specs :)

• Switching between ZX130 / ZX200 and RS30/RS50 etc..

Making a ZX130 run like a ZX200 severely changes the servo characteristics, giving it a slower gentler motion.

Kawasaki support the warranty when you do this then when the robot does not perform according to the correct specs?

Derating I can see being a common practice, but uprating.....sounds like cutting and shutting to try and reduce costs.

Why not spec the application correctly and program the robot accordingly?

Each to their own I suppose........

Used when the engineer made the tool way to heavy for the original specs :)

Making the 'square' hole 'rounder' to make things fit is not good practice, employ someone who can read the specs.

Opinions vary I suppose.

• I absolutely agree with you on both points. But in all cases I know of, it was done during some kind of rebuild/change to the existing machinery without having to exchange the robot/arm. Moving only upwards in weight, not reducing (which would increase speed). Again, remember, it’s the same robot regardless of the specs-label...

No, Kawasaki does not support this or uphold warranty, but it was Kawasaki that showed us how to do it ;)

• 100% agree.......:top:

The point I'm getting at, being a public forum, lots of users use this as the 1st point of contact instead of going to the OEM.

What gets stated could result in 'bad things' and any modification like that should be carried out under the guidance of the OEM.

As just 'loading file saves' in from a different variant is not necessarily the answer.

Modifications like that can result in, but not limited to:

- CE marking for the Robot System is void, unless evaluated again.

- Potential of operational issues which may require masking/circumventing just to get it working.

- Potential life time reduction in electronics and mechanical linkages.

- Future troubleshooting maybe difficult.