How to change POSTYPE in .JBI file

• Hi, I create a JBI file on the controller by teach the robot some points, then I copy the file to PC and open it with vscode.

Sometimes the part "POSTYPE" is "USER" and sometimes is "PULSE".

- case: pulse:

Can I change this "POSTYPE" part in a JBI file by doing something on the teach pandent?

Thanks for answer~

P.S.

Is there a syntax instruction document of JBI file?

• Place your Ad here!
  • After some study I found maybe most of the JBI files use "PULSE",only if I use relative job the part will change to "USER",is there any other kind?

Thanks very much!

• In a pulse job, such as yours, the positions (steps, refp) are defined by pulse values. So for them the Position Type (POSTYPE) is pulse just like in your picture.

But for POSTYPE USER I would guess you were saving some P-variables and those were in USER frame. Though in that case the line would not be CXXXXX=... but PXXXXX=.

To answer you question we'd need to see an example of POSTYPE USER as well.

• After some study I found maybe most of the JBI files use "PULSE",only if I use relative job the part will change to "USER",is there any other kind?

Thanks very much!

Yes, if you use relative job the positions are defined by some frame (a user frame in your case) and the positions are stored not in pulses but positions in that frame.

• In a pulse job, such as yours, the positions (steps, refp) are defined by pulse values. So for them the Position Type (POSTYPE) is pulse just like in your picture.

But for POSTYPE USER I would guess you were saving some P-variables and those were in USER frame. Though in that case the line would not be CXXXXX=... but PXXXXX=.

To answer you question we'd need to see an example of POSTYPE USER as well.

Thank you so much. The JBI has POSTYPE USER in my controller still uses Cxxx

Because we build this job file through teaching and at the same time we use three point to define a user frame in it.