we have a Kowa b/w camera attached to our Fanuc 710ic load/unload robot. Using IRVision and a 30mm Grid, is it possible to master the robot using using
a 30mm grid that is Permanently mounted to another Fixed machine?
Basically, what i'm trying to do is replace the alignment marks on robot (which in our case 1 isn't legible). scale is wiped off. Robot is currently working properly, However,
if we should loose Robot Encoder positional data, with No viable mark to align up J6 to, it would take quite a while to get operational again, too many different production parts would require touchups.
Just wondering, since our 30mm grid is Fixed mounted on a Machine, if i had it do the camera do the Dance on grid and got a known position. Is it possible after a major
robot failure, bzal battery failure (our operators have a bad habit of cycling power if they have a glitch or something (on a fairly regular basis)) and if batteries are bad, have a potential problem of loosing Encorder positional data.
1) repair robot, new batteries, align all the marks on axis, best as possible, and have robot mounted camera do the Dance on 30mm grid.
2) do a Single Axis Master on all Axis to the Known (previously saved Grid position).
3) up and running in couple hours maybe.
Only problem i'm seeing at this point is the RECORD position for Irvision, if this changes, my values i'm getting for the Dance change also! as in , my known grid position
is no longer valid, since the original start point is no longer valid (if encoder info was lost).
Is it possible to MASTERCAL the robot using a 30mm Grid and IRVision ? and what steps do i need to take to make it happen?
1) major failure, encoder positional data lost, etc...
2) get functional
3) enter old known grid start point, move to position (trickey point, this wont be exact same if Axis was move by someone, during Encoder data lost).
4) have robot mounted camera do dance on fixed 30mm grid
5) enter old known postional data into all axis using Single Axis master, calibrate
6) and hope for the best Will this work ??????
just wondering if there is an easier way using a Robot mounted camera to Master align a Robot.