NX 100 abs pulse data for home position

• The data from 2 encoders was lost when i powered up the NX 100 robot and it required me to proceed with the zeroing operation. The operation was done approximately since i don't posses the metal pins for this and after this the robot moves with deviations on each UCS that i set up. However I do have a full backup prior to this event and i am asking if by any chance the absolute pulse values for each axis are stored in a file called "ABSO.DAT" so i can remake the home position to it's original. Contents of the file are:

Code
    //ABSO
    ///RBPRM 1,63,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    1,3825,1,-74890,1,-46258,1,159

followed by a bunch of lines of 0. Thanks in advance.

• Place your Ad here!
  • The Abso.dat file has the original encoder values from the time the file was saved. Since you have jogged the robot around the turns counter is off, this file is no longer good. You should have done an Encoder Battery Backup procedure. Since it is too late for that, it is down to re-calibrating again, touching up points, or parallel shifting the jobs in pulse for those two axes.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• I see. I did the recalibration using pins of the same diameter as the guiding holes since i dont have the original tool set. The issue that i'm facing is that i set up a UCS (ORG, XX, XY) and when i move the tool in the ORG and i increase only the Y values it is supposed to move on a straight line twards the XY point but instead it has a deviation of around 5-6 mm on X direction when this value should remain at 0. This error is after i did this calibration, before the error was 17 mm. This Encoder battery backup procedure might have been done before, i have a CD with probably a complete backup of the robot(it was delivered with the robot), what is the name of that file and how can i restore it?

• This Encoder battery backup procedure might have been done before, i have a CD with probably a complete backup of the robot(it was delivered with the robot), what is the name of that file and how can i restore it?

The Encoder Battery Backup procedure is not a file. It is a way to have the controller rewrite the abso data mathematically when you lose voltage to a encoder. When you powered the controller up you would have gotten Alarm 4311: Encoder Back-up Error and Alarm:4107 Out of Range Abso Data. That is the time to do the recover procedure.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Ty but i solved the issue by recalibrating it with more precise tools (i had pins manufactured within the tolerances mentioned in the manual) and now the robot is moving correctly. I even tried to calibrate it using the data found in the recovered file but with that it was moving with a error.