Posts by notverycreeative

    You need to see if you have the Extended Weave Schedule enable in the system variables. It's something like $WeavSchedExt_Enb. Make it true if you can and you should get all of those options in your weave schedule dialog. I don't know if this is something that needs a Pac Code or not, but I would look and see if it's there first before you call Fanuc.

    Or if you want to keep those settings hidden but still change the values you can do it in the $WeavSchedExt variable.

    I don't have a pendant in front of me, but I would think you should be able to do something like this. So you'll be giving the value to the PLC through the groups, and they should be able to BTD it into a tag and do the addition to get the final number

    If your values are going to be larger than 512, then you should be able to create separate if statements that will cover you for when the D value is higher. You would need more than two groups though.

    // If the value is less/equal to 255 only write to one OG
    If D20 <= 256 then
    Set OG68 D00020
    Set OG69 0

    //If the value is larger than 256, but less than 512, set first group to 255
    // then we subtract 256 from the D variable and set
    //the remainder into the second OG
    Elseif D00020 > 256 AND < 512
    Set OG68 256
    Sub D0020 256
    Set OG69 D0020
    //If the data is larger than 512, but less than 1024,
    //We do the same thing, but subtract 512 once we have
    //populated the first two groups with that value
    Elseif D0020 >512 AND < 1024
    Set OG68 256
    Set OG69 256
    Sub D0020 512
    Set OG 70 DO20
    //or even larger than 1024
    Elseif D0020 >1024 AND <2048
    Set OG68 256
    Set OG69 256
    Set OG70 256
    Sub D0020 1024
    Set OG 71 D0020

    I don't have a pendant in front of me, so I can't test this for you right now... but I think that should work?

    Went through the setup of these reamers that SKS is now offering... We were told that this was the first time they have been sold in North America so maybe this will be of some help to people on down the road. Our setup was on a DX200 controller with a FSU board on R1.

    The reamers can be wired right into the SKS UNI5 Interface board, and you can use the SKS interface bits that Motoman has labeled in the Universal In/Out. There is one wire that has to be tied into the cell E-stop circuit. The way it's designed, the cell should be in an E-Stop condition to get into Manual/Setup mode for the reamer. In our setup, we put this wire on a spare terminal that we had running back to a safety output on an AB Remote rack in our Control Cabinet and just tied it in via the Guardlogix. If you didn't want to do that, you could employ a safety relay and one of the dual channel Functional Safety Outputs to drive the safety relay. We tested it this way, but someone wanted it to go back to the Remote Rack Control Panel for some reason.

    The E-Ream manual was correct in almost every aspect. The wiring diagram was right, but for some reason once we wired the discrete I/O into the SKS interface board, the robot lost communication to the UNI5 interface. After much head scratching, several minutes of interrupted cussing and much more manual reading, I could not find anything telling me what the issue may have been.

    What it boiled down to was that you need to run the weld macro (the one that calls up your group, file, and program number) job after you attach the reamer wires to the UNI5 interface... My best guess is that there may be some transistors in that board that freak out once they go under load.

    TL;DR: We had two robots, both with UNI5 boards.. Hooked the reamer leads up to the first board, and the relays didn't work... tried the relays on the second board and those worked.. Hooked the reamers up to the second board, then the relays on that board stopped working... A few hours later I thought running the weld macro couldn't hurt.. Ran it and everything started working for some goofy reason.