I got it working! It's not difficult, I just skipped a few important steps. Here's how to do it step by step:
1: Create a backup of your project
2: In workvisual, add an external axis to your robot, follow these steps to add an external axis:
- Click on file -> Catalogs -> Catalog handling, and add the ExternalKinematics catalog to your project
- Right click on your controller, and click Add
- Add any positioner (in my case I chose the KP1-H500-2), the positioner should now appear in the project tree
- right click on the positioner, and click machine data configuration
- set motion driver simulation to ON, and in my case, I set axis type to endless, and set $ET1_TPINFL X to 200, to make the calibration easier
- Deploy project
3: Calibrate the external axis, follow the KSS manual for this, search for 'Root point'.
4: Calibrate the base, I used Base for my external axis.
5: If the previous steps went well, try to jog E1 using base, the TCP should follow. If not, something went wrong.
6: You can now use all the ArcTech (and other motion) commands where the TCP stands still and E1 is rotating. You can send the position of E1 to your PLC or servodrive with a submit interpreter to rotate the physical tube