PLEASE HELP ME!

• Day 3

S-10/RH Software Dump

Late yesterday I found a set of floppies for software install. With them were 3 E-PROMs. We have 2 work cells that are (as far as anyone here knows) identical. The cell that is still running is using Karel V2.11. The floppies and the E-PROMs are labeled V2.23. When I attempt to load software, I get an undescript error pertaining to a file called sys1e.cf or .cr I can't remember the extension.

Question 1: If this robot was running V2.11 prior to the dump, would I need to change these E-PROMS in order to get the controller to load V2.23?

Question 2: Can I mirror the system that is running to install on the one that is not with kfdcopy or kfloppy? And how?

I know - it's like trying to talk to dinosaurs. This is a very productive work cell that I need to get back up like, yesterday. It would be nice if someone would have written something/anything down along the way, but.......I need to figure this out TODAY. If anyone can help me out with this, I'd sure appreciate it.

• I do not have an answer about the software version and EPROMS, but as to the copy of the working robot you are in luck.

power down both robots (make sure the batteries in the cabinet are good on the running robot)
    take the CMOS board out of the bad robot (it should be yellow and pluged into CNA3)
    on good robot, move the jumper to make CNA4 active
    plug bad CMOS into CNA4
    hold PB1 and PB2 and turn on the good robot
    make note if main 3 is listed as Bubble or CMOS, and Main 4 should be CMOS
    type "device" and enter on CRT
    if main 3 is bubble, type "copy BM0 CM0" followed by enter
    if main 3 is CMOS, type "copy CM0 CM1" followed by enter
    Pray that there is no parity error!
    once it completes, power down and put everything back to how it was (including the jumper)
    Your two robots should now be mirror images of each other. Copy back in your latest backup, and run the cell.

Hope this helps

• Before I get too excited.....I don't have a CRT. Can I do this with the teach pendant or a pc and kfloppy or kfdcopy? And, does this in any way put my good robot at risk?

Edited once, last by droth ().

• Bad news is you will need a CRT! good news is if you are missing a CRT, you can use the laptop and kfloppy cable. You will need a terminal emulator program to interpret the CRT data.

The Kfloppy cable will plug into the CRT/KB port on your controller

I have tried puTTY terminal emulator (open source found here http://www.chiark.greenend.org…atham/putty/download.html )and it will work for what you need. There is no seting for VT220, so the F keys will not work correctly.

I will see if I can find a better one (We use an old dos one called CoTerm)

This should not cause your good robot to die though.

Good luck

• Hello, I have very similar problem to that.
    R-H system. I have floppy copies of :

Disk1 - Configuration Software Disc V2.23P
    Disk2 - Standard System Software Disc No.1 V2.23P
    Disk3 - Standard System Software Disc No.2 V2.23P
    Disk4 - System Utility Disc V2.23P
    Disk5 - Servo Parameter Setting Program Disc V2.23P

Instructions how to install that

1) Copy all the diskset to 3,5" DD floppydisks and label them.
    2) Boot up, hold User PB1 and User PB2 until BMON> is showed.
    3) Type 'Device' and press 'ENTER'.
    4) Type 'Init CM0'.
    Here system halts it says that:
    No such device configured on this controller

Answer 'Y'. Name: 'S420-RH' and 'ENTER'. Type '1200' and 'ENTER' when asked for reserved space.
    5) Power off the controller.

What is that?
    Googling did not give me any idea how to fix that.

Thank you in advance

Advertising from our partners