$OV_PRO change only for selected moves

• Hello everyone,

Please how to change the speed of the robot only for selected movements? It is possible to use the code in case of change:

-----------------------------------------------------------

$OV_PRO = 75

LIN

LIN

CIRC

LIN

PTP

$OV_PRO = 100

----------------------------------------------------------

Will it work or is it better to use it via a trigger and call the speed change from another file?

Thank you verry much.

Have a nice day.

• HawkME

Approved the thread.
  • programmed velocity should be done like hermann suggested.

leave the operator controls to operator. and $OV_PRO is one of those...

i do not like when program controls this, specially when it is continuously writing to it like in a Submit, operator should always be able to reduce it... if doing this, at least make sure it is only a limit, do not prevent user from reducing value.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• this is somewhat unrelated but still on topic. As the others suggested you should leave $OV_PRO alone as far as possible and only use it when you really have to, set speeds for each motions as they are meant to be set as hermann adviced.

I compared the diffrences between system variables documentation for 8.5 and 8.7 some time ago and low and behold.. I found what appears to be a sparingly documented golden nugget: $VEL_APPL

This fills a gap for the applications where one was forced to hammer $OV_PRO if one absolutely had to adjust speed at runtime. (Or use rsi)

With $VEL_APPL one can adjust the speed at runtime for cp motions with a few logical restrictions. Speed is capped at programmed speed.

• You can use that. I only suggest that you make variables with which you can monitor the speed in the program in several places with one change.

For example:

$OV_PRO=Full_Speed

PTP

LIN

PTP

PTP

$OV_PRO=Working_Speed

PTP

LIN

PTP

$OV_PRO=Full_Speed

PTP