Positioner Loosing Home

• Hello all, I am working with a (used) Motoman positioner (the locking pin type) with an NX100 welding robot. Anyway I have this issue that I just can't figure out. I have to keep resetting the home positions for table A and B about every two weeks. This happens when an operator breaks the light curtain. I don't know exactly what they are doing to try to recover from the light beam hold to cause this problem. I have instructed them to switch to teach mode and hold interlock test start until the positioner completes its sweep. I have tested this procedure multiple times and it has always worked. Several times the operator tells me that they use the procedure I described but when the positioner completes its sweep the pins are off and will not engage the table. The pins aren't off a ton just enough to cause a misalignment issue. What would cause this problem of the pins and table alignment being off??? I don't understand how this is possible since the positioner is geared.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

• Sounds like a taper lock is slipping. The older these positioners get, the more apt they are to having the taper locks slip. If the taper lock slips once or twice, the shaft gets polished and it will slip even more.

Robodoc

Advertising from our partners