Removing Arc Welding Option

• Hello!

I have an older robot in our shop right now and we are trying to convert it from an old arc welder to a robot we can have just for training our new programmers. We don't want to have the welder connected to the controller and I am trying to remove the arc welding options in Robot Studio. Does anyone know if this is possible without a new key string? I've been poking around the backup for a few hours trying to remove everything I can see that references the welding options but every time I restore the backup everything comes right back.

This is an IRC5 controller, M2004 with RW 5.16.

Let me know what you guys think.

Cheers

• Lemster68

Approved the thread.
  • Create the system in robotstudio using the system builder. You should be able to create from backup. Then, You should be able to modify the system, removing the arc welding option. Then you will have to load that newly modified system to the controller.

• That makes sense. The issue I'm running into with creating the new system is with the mediapool. From what I've read, it should be in the root of the robot folder system for 5.xx robotware but I can't seem to find it.

Advertising from our partners