Setup and Perform Image Backups over TCP on laptop

• I'm having issues setting up FTP protocol between my laptop and a 30iB controller for the purpose of create Image backups, and eventually Auto backups.

I have tried to use FileZilla, but getting more confused. I'll need help setting up this connection from my laptop or desktop.

I'm able to ping the controller, yet it will not "connect to server".

I've designated the correct IP and port but, everytime I try to connect it says "connection refused by server".

Please let me know what details I can provide to help us navigate this issue, or I'll listen to a new approach without FileZilla.

I'd like to have several different ways to make this connection and perform image backups over FTP, especially for Auto Backups.

Thank you, Community.

• Place your Ad here!
  • Nation

Approved the thread.
  • I personally have not done image backups over FTP. Reading the manual, it looks like the robot will connect to a FTP server, and place the image files in the root directory.

Here is a post regarding Filezilla settings for connecting to the robot the other way, where the robot is the server, and you are the client.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• You can do ftp backups which are similar to AOTA backups using ftp. To do an image backup you have to use tftp and it requires a restart on the robot. You really only need an image of your robot once. Then you only really need to take a new image if you make a major change, like adding an option. Otherwise regular ftp or AOTA backups get everything you need.