Need Help with ABB robot variable velocity!!

• Hi everyone! how you just read in the title I need help to know how to use a external variable. i need to modify the velocity of a move using the hmi, the operator will write the numerical value of the velocity depending of the model.

example: MoveL *, V1000, z50, tool0;

and I need MoveL *, V"externalvariablefromHMI", z50, tool0;

I´m trying to figure out how to modify the main program and use this new variable, i´m using only the flexpendant but I´ve couldn´t do it yet

i hope someone could help me, if you need more details please ask me.

• SkyeFire

Approved the thread.
  • please take a look into the Technical reference manual for RAPID Instructions, Functions and Data

types

there look up the data type speeddata

it will look something like:

Code
    PERS speeddata vSpeedSet := [1000, 500, 5000, 1000];
    vSpeedSet.v_tcp := nExternalVariable;
    MoveL *, VSpeedSet, z50, tool0;
  • please take a look into the Technical reference manual for RAPID Instructions, Functions and Data

types

there look up the data type speeddata

it will look something like:

Code
    PERS speeddata vSpeedSet := [1000, 500, 5000, 1000];
    vSpeedSet.v_tcp := nExternalVariable;
    MoveL *, VSpeedSet, z50, tool0;

is it possible from flexpendant or just by robot studio using Rapid code?

• is it possible from flexpendant or just by robot studio using Rapid code?

I don´t actually know for sure since i pretty much only use the FP for manually moving the robot,

but if I remember right you can have free text input on the FP

and there is always the option to quickly copy the module onto an usb stick and edit the file on any
    texteditor such as Notepad++ or even the build in notepad in Windows

after that just overwrite the module in the controller and update the the running version

• is it possible from flexpendant or just by robot studio using Rapid code?

Yes. ABB RAPID code is the same in RobotStudio and on the Teach Pendant (unlike Fanuc where TP code and KAREL are completely different languages that don't intersect).

I believe all standard instructions are available and have syntax help on the pendant. And at any rate, you can always select a line of code and select the "ABC" edit button to type in anything you want. You can create and edit data of all types (speeddata, bool, num, etc...) from the Program Data screen.

Advertising from our partners