RG TCP Trace J2/J3 interaction

• Kinda a long shot here, but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask...

I'm getting a MOTN-017 limit error in the position shown for pretty obvious reasons (J2/J3 interaction). However, none of the individual axes are anywhere near their limits, and the RG (V8, FRVC 6.4) TCP trace function "color by axis limits" doesn't have an option for looking at the J2/J3 interaction limit. Does anybody know of any way to highlight when I'm getting close to this limit, other than observing with the Mk1 eyeball?

• Could you rotate your tool 90 degrees? That may help the reach issue.

For an actual answer, the only thing I can think of would be to create a background program or task to monitor the J2/J3 interaction and set an IO if close. You can color a TCP trace by IO.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• I've been playing with tool rotation to try to find the optimal orientation to help with the reach issue. What I decided to do was to run a program containing the following code at the start of my problematic move, then just pull the values from numreg.va and plot it in excel for various tool rotations.

Code
       1:  R[120]=123    ;
       2:  LBL[1] ;
       3:  R[121]=$SCR_GRP[1].$MCH_ANG[2] ;
       4:  R[122]=$SCR_GRP[1].$MCH_ANG[3] ;
       5:  R[R[120]]=R[121]+R[122]    ;
       6:   ;
       7:  WAIT   1.00(sec) ;
       8:  R[120]=R[120]+1    ;
       9:  IF R[120]<200,JMP LBL[1] ;

The problem I'm running into is that $SCR_GRP[1].$MCH_ANG[2] and $SCR_GRP[1].$MCH_ANG[3] aren't updating - they're stuck at -9.03 and -34.1, respectively. $SCR_GRP[1].$M_POS_ENB is TRUE; any idea why this isn't working?

Advertising from our partners