Learning Motoman

• got alarm code 4980, DESTINATION PULSE LIMIT, with T highlighted (axis T hardly moves). manual just says to "check position". to me this sounds like Status and Turn situation on KUKA but don't yet know how the Motoman flags are used or how to manipulate them.

basically I created dummy program with handful of MOVJ and MOVL that stores current position after each motion (copied from $PX001). then i wanted to go through all recorded positions using only MOVJ. it worked for some motions but not all.

so the questions are

Q11. how to check if the position is reachable before issuing motion command?

Q12. is there a Try Catch or ON_ERROR_RESUME equivalent in Inform?

Q13. how are the flip bits manipulated in Inform? What is the syntax? (I am guessing SETE is used)

Q14. what is the order of rotations that Motoman uses? In KUKA it is first about Z, then about Y and finally about X.

Q15. is there a way to read/write variables from external application? (like with KukaVarProxy or C3Bridge)

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Place your Ad here!
  • Q16. is there a background task or job? I would like to add some code to it or rather call subroutine that contains some code. an example initialize some variables when mode is changed.

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• the CIO file collected from robot has .PRM extension. according to KDiff3, this file is binary the same as one from the previous robot

My bad, the file I was talking about is CIOPRG.LST, not CIO.PRG (I corrected original post). It is text file with robots "PLC logic" and I/O mapping. Some time ago I prepared templates of that file and pasting it, along with IONAME.DAT, to the new robot and I/O mapping is done.

• Q14. what is the order of rotations that Motoman uses? In KUKA it is first about Z, then about Y and finally about X.

Q14. The order of rotations should be the same as for Fanuc robots, that is:

1. rotation by Rz around Z axis
    2. rotation by Ry around the new Y axis
    3. rotation by Rx around the new(est) X axis
  • Q15. is there a way to read/write variables from external application? (like with KukaVarProxy or C3Bridge)

There is a software named motocom, where you can see the IO, also there is a software RobotManager which can see the robots that are online, which program is running, IO and I think even variables.

The last one is even more powerfull, but it includes software development, MotoPlus, that has acces to all the data from the controller, have acces to the IO's and variables to read and write and can even move robot.

• how are concurrent jobs and system tasks started/stopped/deselected?

i checked the YRC1000 documentation and also searched through the manuals using AgentRansak (grep like tool) but don't see that. what would be good search term? "concurrent" , "task", "exec" etc are not helping.

3) read 1 and 2

• Q11. JUMP instruction with a Trap tag.

This is not the answer.

Acording to the manual the TRAP will activate the error during the execution of the movement.

He asked how to check if position is reachable before the movement.

In abb there is something like CalcJointT which will give you an error if position is outside of robot reach.