ABB robot -> Mikrotik -> LocalNetwork -> RobotStudio

• Hello.

I have a problem connecting the robot to the local network.

I have a service connector to which I connect my laptop with the RobotStudio program. The robot has the address 192.168.125.1, the PC - 192.168.125.100. At the same time, everything works, I can switch between points and view information online. When I try to connect the robot to the local network (10.10.0.xxx) through the configured Mikrotik router, I can see it, but I cannot connect, it says that option 616-1 is not installed.

Screenshot-1.png

What could be the problem? :question_mark:

The service does not write anything back and does not respond, there will probably be movement only after the contract and payment...

• Place your Ad here!
  • When I try to connect the robot to the local network (10.10.0.xxx) through the configured Mikrotik router, I can see it, but I cannot connect, it says that option 616-1 is not installed.

You are trying to establish a connection between RobotStudio and the controller via the WAN port? Am I guessing correct? If so, the problem is exactly what the message is telling you. You have to purchase and install the option 616-1 (PC Interface) in order to use then WAN port for connecting with RobotStudio.

• You are trying to establish a connection between RobotStudio and the controller via the WAN port? Am I guessing correct? If so, the problem is exactly what the message is telling you. You have to purchase and install the option 616-1 (PC Interface) in order to use then WAN port for connecting with RobotStudio.

A little wrong, I use an external service port that is connected to the router. If I connect this service connector for direct connection, then everything is fine.

• A little wrong, I use an external service port that is connected to the router. If I connect this service connector for direct connection, then everything is fine.

The Service port acts as a DHCP server, and has its own dedicated IP range (192.168.125.*, IIRC). This is not compatible with a 10.anything IP range.

Also, the Service port acts as a DHCP server. If the router is also acting as a DHCP server, they are probably in conflict.

The Service port is intended for direct, local connection, not for connection to larger networks. The internal network for the Service port also supports several devices internal to the IRC5, which is another potential source of conflict. Connecting the Service port to a larger, complex network is, as far as I know, not advised.

Possibly, this might work if you used a dedicated port on the router, and set forwarding rules in the router to segregate IRC5 traffic from any other traffic. But that would take more networking knowledge than I have, as well as depending on the capabilities of the specific router you are using.

• My service port is configured statically at 192.168.125.1. Yes, the port has the possibility of DHCP, but we do not use it.

You are right, you can make friends of these networks only by waking up ports and masquerading packets. It was organized but still there are some communication problems. I suspect that there are some ports that are being blocked by the firewall or that I have missed. Although there are not so many of them:

UDP - 5512, 5513, 5514

TCP - 5515, 21