Fanuc RJ3 controller Single check safety(Controlled stop)

• Hi All

We have a RJ3 controller with a single check safety. I am trying to install a fence gate. When the gate is opened the robot stops with sudden brakes on similar to e-stop. Is it possible to change any parameters so that it does a controlled stop? :smiling_face:

• As far as I remember, this is not possible with RJ3.

But do you really want to operate a single-channel system?

Hi PnsStarter

Anything is fine as long as when the gate is opened, controlled stop is applied. The only other way i could think of is using a safety delay relay which holds the machine than activates another safety relay for fence within 1sec. Any other suggestion?

• Depending on your physical layout, you could use an area sensor, beam detector, floor mat, or something like that (not safety rated) to drop the hold signal before the operator gets to the light curtain; use the light curtain for safety as part of the fence circuit.

• Depending on your physical layout, you could use an area sensor, beam detector, floor mat, or something like that (not safety rated) to drop the hold signal before the operator gets to the light curtain; use the light curtain for safety as part of the fence circuit.

Hi TitusLepic

Thanks for you response. So i guess there is no other parameters which could be set to achieve this function. Will most likely have to do it that way.

thanks

Advertising from our partners