Change shared memory network

• Hello everyone, i have an Equipment:

KR C4 smallsize 2 with KSS 8.3.35

KR8 R1620

WoV 5.0.10

I need to change the subnet of a shared memory network. By default it has the address: 192.168.0.x, I want to change 192.168.1.x, can I be sure that everything will work?

If not, which subnet can I use?

All this is necessary in order to apply the IP address 192.168.0.147 for KLI

• MOM

Approved the thread.
  • No way. Don't do it. You will screw up your system. You must change your KLI address to a different subnet.

Then why is it possible to change it?

I need exactly the 192.168.0.x network, because a welding source is in this network. It has a default address of 192.168.0.2 and does not want to change IP

• Then why do you ask if everthing is allowd as soon as it can be done. Seriously do not do it. It will mess up your controller as has been discussed many times in this forum. For example in the Read First.

Behind this IP-Adress is the communication between Windows and VxWorks. Messing with this address can only be fixed with reinstalling your OS Image. But try it out I am sure as every responsible developer you have a harddisk image you can revert to if something goes wrong.

Fubini

• Then why is it possible to change it?

Don't know, ask Kuka. But many people ran into very big trouble when they changed the address.

.. It has a default address of 192.168.0.2 and does not want to change IP

The Kuka robot also doesn't want to change IP :winking_face:. Now you have a deadlock.

Change either the robot brand or the welding source brand.

If the welder is not used by the robot, but only exist on the network and is used by an other machine, may be you can use a managed switch to separate the two devices.

• Then why is it possible to change it?

A question we've all been shouting at KUKA for decades, at this point. With KRC1s and KRC2s, it wasn't so bad, since you could still get at Windows and fix it after breaking it. But on the KRC4, changing it bricks the entire controller unless you restore an entire hard drive image. And given how often this happens, I don't understand why KUKA hasn't either made this harder to change, or easier to fix.

• it is possible... but... there are things one need to know to do it successfully. and you need to know correct procedure. as said, do not mess with this. there is a reason this is kept secret.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners