2002 IRB2400 M2000 Model S4C+ Rebuild Help

• Hello !

I am a rookie mechatronic engineer who is trying to rebuild an old ABB robot.First, thank you all for who interests and wants to share experiences.

Here is the situation , what we got and my goal :

The robot has been sleeping for a long time and i started to rebuild then connect power and comminicate cables after that noticed batteries was too low to power up and waited 4-5 hours to charge up and finally powered on then boom it is italian language Dont know how to calibrate,dont know how to comminicate with PLC etc.Then i noticed it is using FactoryWare.I checked inside the control cabinet and found 6 boot disks,1 FactoryWare disk, 2 backup disk and RobotWare 4.0.What should i do i am using Win10 and those disks and robot software is not match with my laptop. I want to change the language to English and control the robot for building PLC system.I am sharing a google drive link for you to show what we got : Drive_Link_ABB_Datas

If the link is broken just send pm to me i will share again

Thanks Best Regards :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

Control Unit : 2002 year IRB2400 M2000 with S4C+ pedant

Robot : 2002 IRB2400

Pedant : S4C+ 3HAC6811-2.23 DESMA FactoryWare (Italian Language)

• Place your Ad here!
  • !. Make a backup.

2. From the cd, install RobInstall program. Make a virtual machine if you have to with older, compatible OS. You could also try to run it on win10 using compatibility mode.

The OS on the robot is newer than indicated on both the CD and the disks, it has been updated. Don't panic. You don't want to downgrade it, there are newer versions and you can upgrade, no charge.

When you have RobInstall loaded and have a backup in hand, come back for further instructions.

• Thanks sir i will be workin on it once return home i will install and keep here updated

• From looking at your pictures, the controller looks to have the USB floppy emulator. I think that you will find more about that searching this forum and sub-forum for manuals and tools.

Dear Sir, I installed robotware 4.0 with using Virtual PC but do i need an USB flash drive ( FAT32 file format ) i did not connect to robot yet.About the backups should i backup floppy disks or current S4C+ new version pedant.Also i dont have any floopy disk reader i think first i need to get one right ?

• You can get a usb floppy disk. I am trying to find documentation for the USB floppy emulator, no luck yet. From what I remember, a usb drive has to be formatted to 100 floppy disks. That is all I have on that at the moment. When you get a floppy drive make copies of everything that came with the robot.

• You can get a usb floppy disk. I am trying to find documentation for the USB floppy emulator, no luck yet. From what I remember, a usb drive has to be formatted to 100 floppy disks. That is all I have on that at the moment. When you get a floppy drive make copies of everything that came with the robot.

Hey again, I updated drive link to show what is going on and found a manual for Emulator waiting news from you Updated Drive

Best Regards

• Ok. So have you been able to make a backup onto the USB "floppy"? Other question, did you make a backup on the HD0A as the one picture showed? You can get Filezilla for free and use it to FTP the backup to your laptop.

Look for this folder in your virtual machine:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ABB Robotics\Controls\V40\Robots

Make a new folder there with your robot serial number. Copy from the backinfo folder in the backup you made these two files, Key.ID and Program.ID. Open Robinstall and you should see that system in your virtual robot browser. There may be an issue if you do not yet have that version of robotware in your mediapool just yet. We can take care of that. I did find that I have the 2.23 robot OS. I can upload and share from my google drive if need be. Otherwise, I have 2.27, which is, to the best of my knowledge the final version. Don't post your own e-mail in forum, just send PM for link to share.

• Dear sir , sorry if i ask you rookie kind questions i am trying to understand process and learn , no i didnt created yet.Now i will go and find the robots serial number and create folders as you mentioned after that should i connect laptop to service port ? I am asking because i did never connect any pc to robot before.do i need to make some ip config settings and do i need to install FTP anymore ? because i backuped all files from SC4+

Inside the folders how it should be ? ABB Robotics/Controls/V40/Robots/24-21849/ inside those path should i copy last backup ( BAK0710 ) or only 2 key.id and program.id files and after that where can i see this files in RobInstall software.If it helps i can share backups via pm

Thanks and Best Regards

• Do not put the backup in that folder. Just the two files mentioned. Then, in RobInstall, you should see that serial number when you point the mediapool to the directory you have made. If all goes well, you will be able to modify that system, removing unwanted options and changing the language. If there is a problem because the robot OS does not match up, let me know in PM and include your e-mail address so I can share the robot OS that I have.

• Do not put the backup in that folder. Just the two files mentioned. Then, in RobInstall, you should see that serial number when you point the mediapool to the directory you have made. If all goes well, you will be able to modify that system, removing unwanted options and changing the language. If there is a problem because the robot OS does not match up, let me know in PM and include your e-mail address so I can share the robot OS that I have.

Hello i copied those 2 files like you mentioned and then in the update section i am facing with those errors i think it should ask me key first but i get this error also in preferences media tool section i cant see any system to change settings i am attaching a screenshot, am i doing something wrong if you want i can send backups or my e mail via pm sir thanks best regards

• I am uploading RW 2.23 to my drive, I have already shared 2.27 with you but this revision matches what RobInstall wants to see. Have you read the robinstall directions/manual?

I was just checking manuel thanks for sharing.So mediapool version and backup version should be match for the make changes thats what i get it. right ? also i was created a new system by mistake with my CD key.is it make any problems i noticed backup keys and mine RobInstall 4.0 key is different now i will try to make a boot disk with your RW and mine backups or should i make a new 2.3 BaseWare boot disk

Best Regards

• Stick with the key from the backup from the robot. No need to focus on the backup for now. Focus on getting the system to be right in Robinstall. Later, you might need the system parameters from the backup and some of the modules might need to be reloaded. You can delete the system that you created by mistake.

• Dear sir you teached me lot of things many thanks for that again and again. Before i start make changes your RW upload works well and i just want to ask you ;

1-Backups from robot has different key from mine RobInstall key so when i try to update config system, robinstall keeps gets me error : -2111:Failed to create file key.id when i close error and click on keep next asking me and i select language then at the finish part i cant save the update

what is the errors reason ? is this because of mine RobInstall key is different than backups or some Windows10 problems

2- Should i try to use 2.23 RW with my RobInstall CD key to make a new BaseWare if we cant solve that error ?

thanks best regards

• Delete all the folders for the robot that have been created. Go back to the first step in which you make a new folder with the the robot serial number. Copy the two files same as before from the backup. Now you have the expected baseware in your mediapool. You ought to be able to select that robot in the robot browser and make the desired changes. Forget about the robibstall cd key. It is for an older baseware revision. This is the reason that we are starting with the backup files.

You are welcome.

• Delete all the folders for the robot that have been created. Go back to the first step in which you make a new folder with the the robot serial number. Copy the two files same as before from the backup. Now you have the expected baseware in your mediapool. You ought to be able to select that robot in the robot browser and make the desired changes. Forget about the robibstall cd key. It is for an older baseware revision. This is the reason that we are starting with the backup files.

You are welcome.

I tried but still same error : failed to create file key.id

i think it is because of RobInstall version do you have new version mine is v1.30 or it is because of Win10 should i use Virtual PC ? I will record video and upload to show you sir.We progressed very well but this error :(( also i changed serial no robot and backinfo serial no is differend i am liitle bit confussed

• It could be a compatibility issue with Win 10. Here is the next thing to try. I saw in one of your photos that you had the system selected in the robot browser. on the right, you will see the keystring used to create the system. You might have to scroll down. Highlight the keystring and copy it. If I recall correctly, the shortcut keys to copy do not work but you can right click the highlighted keystring and select copy from the dialog box. Paste it into a text document and verify it is the same. With this keystring, you can create a new system. Try that.

• It could be a compatibility issue with Win 10. Here is the next thing to try. I saw in one of your photos that you had the system selected in the robot browser. on the right, you will see the keystring used to create the system. You might have to scroll down. Highlight the keystring and copy it. If I recall correctly, the shortcut keys to copy do not work but you can right click the highlighted keystring and select copy from the dialog box. Paste it into a text document and verify it is the same. With this keystring, you can create a new system. Try that.

I tried no problem with Win 10.I have both keys from backups i can copy key i can see no problem but it is not accepting 2.23s key and says error failed to create file key.id. If i try old RW with old key no problem .mine robInstall v1.30 is not accepts RW 2.23 keys or cant make correct them it only accepts its own key RW 1.40 do you have any solutions or any robInstall newer versions which can accepts mine backups 2.23s signature 10 keys

Other thing how is the installation RW 2.23 file destination which you just upload.I am selecting file to import Mediatool and deleting old 1.40 RW thats how i do.Do you have RobInstall type unpackeged files RW2.3

backup key is signature 10

robinstall key is signature 8

thanks best regards