Motoman HC10 and YRC1000 remote control via ethernet

• Hi,

I am complete noob in terms of robot control staff :neutral_face: and I would like to understand how can I control a HC10 / YRC1000 using ethernet, what I need to achieve:

I want to use the teach pendant to teach the robot a couple of programs and I would like to be able to start/stop/select a program using an API.

I have an external application that is able to perform a REST API callback when a cycle starts, I have to write my own middleware software that takes this call and

forwards it to the robot controller.

Currently I am search for the most easy method to achieve this using ethernet or maybe using relays to trigger I/O pins on the controller.

I found this: https://github.com/ra-mtp-ntnu/moto that I may use in order to communicate with the controller, but not sure if I need other software, modules or licenses.

Basically the task I want to perform is pretty simple: start a program that is already stored on the robot. But I don't know the easies way to achieve this.

Thanks!

• Hi,

I didn't use Moto library before but i think it can help you.

I used before from MotoCom SDK and i can you access to all things.

It need hardware key and it isn't free.

Try at first with Moto library. I think you can use it in Python for test.

• Thank you for this valuable info!

I intend to use the python moto library to set IO pins high/low in order to control certain actions, this is what I am thinking:

Have a master program that runs in a loop, in this loop have something like: IF IO <xxx> == 1 RUN JOB MYJOB1 and so on, and use those IO pins to trigger the jobs I want to run. Will this be the right way to do it ? As I said I am completely new to this but have a strong background in software development.

Also I don't know how can I stop a job and return to the main loop if the program I called didn't reach the end ( abort the job ).

Thanks!

• Yes, you can a job and set it for MASTER job, you can write your code in this job and under a loop. Always your conditions are check, when it was correct, it will run a job in your condition.

For return to up MASTER job automatic, you need to set CALL MASTER JOB signal to ON (you can give a pulse to it ) , after send this signal job will reset and go to MASTER job and first line it.

Note, for use any signals from external, turn key on the pendant on the remote mode.

Advertising from our partners