Fanuc Arc Mate with Servo Robot Fuji Cam

• Hello all,

I am working on a welding upgrade project. There are two Fanuc ArcMate 120iC's that perform a linear weld on a V-groove seam between two components. They have Fuji Cams from Servo Robot to detect that the taught start and end points and make sure that the weld will be inside a specific V-seam for the wire to fill. It looks like the operator sets these initial points and then the Fuji Cam checks for the position to be within a certain range inside the V groove of the seam and then allows the weld to proceed after that. It doesn't appear to be doing adaptive welding per se.

I am looking to make a few updates to an existing program to add some intermediate points between the start and stop of the weld to move the heads around a bit mid-weld, but I haven't worked with Servo Robot peripherals on an arc mate before and am not sure I completely understand the integrated commands I'm seeing in the TP programs. Wanted to see if anyone on here can give me some advice on how it all works. Pasting a portion of the TP program that use these commands below:

8:L P[19] 900mm/sec CNT10 ;

9: ;

10: SENSOR ON[1,1,*,*] ;

11: ;

12:L P[3] 900mm/sec FINE ;

13: WAIT 3.00(sec) ;

14: ;

15: SEARCH ON[1,1,*,*] ;

16: DETECT JOINT[5,1] ;

17: ;

18:L P[4] 900mm/sec FINE ;

19: WAIT 3.00(sec) ;

20: ;

21: SEARCH ON[1,1,*,*] ;

22: DETECT JOINT[5,2] ;

23: SENSOR OFF[1,1,*,*] ;

24: ;

25: !Group 1 ;

26: PR[GP1:1,1]=PR[1,1]+1.8 ;

27: PR[GP1:2,1]=PR[2,1]+1.6 ;

28: ;

29: PR[GP1:1,2]=PR[1,2]+139 ;

30: PR[GP1:2,2]=PR[2,2]-28 ;

31: ;

32: !Group 2 ;

33: PR[GP2:1,1]=PR[1,1]+2 ;

34: PR[GP2:2,1]=PR[2,1]+2 ;

35: ;

36: PR[GP2:1,2]=PR[1,2]-139 ;

37: PR[GP2:2,2]=PR[2,2]+30 ;

38: ;

39:J P[5] 15% CNT10 ;

40:J P[6] 15% CNT10 ;

41: ;

42:J PR[1] 15% FINE

: Weld Start E1[1,5,E2] ;

43: Weld Start E2[1,5,E1] ;

44:L PR[2] WELD_SPEED FINE

: Weld End E1[1,5] ;

45: Weld End E2[1,5] ;

It seems pretty intuitive that the Sensor On/Offf is turning on the Fuji Cam is turning on/off the sensor for both robot groups, but what specifically is the "SEARCH ON" and "DETECT JOINT" doing here? Can you tell by simply looking at the TP Program? Does it look like the Fuji cam is somehow writing any position offsets to PR1 and PR2 for these robots? I have the AOA off the robot but I don't have Roboguide so I can't run this on a simulation :frowning_face:

Thanks for any help you can provide.

• Ok so I figured this out myself. These instructions are add-ons that you can include in a Fanuc robot when using a Servo Robot Fuji Cam option installed (using RoboCom). Once you have this add-on, you can then use the instruction DETECT_JOINT(5,x), where x=the PR number you want to update.

After setting up a joint profile on the camera's software, this instruction triggers the camera to compare the current "image"(which is a laser profile), to the expected image. Once this occurs, whatever PR you're numbering in the DETECT_JOINT function, the Fuji Cam will write the current robot position to that PR, including a specified Z offset from the Fuji Cam that you can specify if you want the weld to be a specific offset from where the Fuji Cam is located on the robot's EOAT.

This instruction sets up effectively interpolation points to move the robot to during a weld, so this is effectively a pre-weld scan function.

Advertising from our partners